Popular Tags: [View All]
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Are anomaly cards a one time use?
2. Do you have to play all the cards in your hand each day?
3. Is there any kind of penalty for unlaunched time machines?

Thanks...this game is a ton of fun....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
1. No.

2. Yes (or get rid of them otherwise, e.g. there is at least one Anomaly card that lets you do this).

3. No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
1. Are anomaly cards a one time use?
No. They go into your hand at the end of the current day just like the other action cards.

primtim34 wrote:
2. Do you have to play all the cards in your hand each day?
Yes. This is the crux of the game's strategy and decision making. On Day 2, you MUST take 6 actions and 3 of those must be the same actions from the previous day (and in the same order as the previous day, but you can mix the new actions in between). And then on Day 3, you MUST take 9 actions, with the previous 6 actions in the same order as before. Plan accordingly.

primtim34 wrote:
No. Although you've also lost out on points from a trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-André Gaumond
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
primtim34 wrote:
No. Although you've also lost out on points from a trip.
Interesting. I thought an unlaunched time machine gave a tear... But I was wrong! That would've seriously changed my first game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasyndrome wrote:
I thought an unlaunched time machine gave a tear...
Only water from your eye, instead of a space-time paradox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prime Time
United States
New Plymouth
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great information but it leads to one more question...

why do I need to turn my newly taken cards at an angle? Wouldn't I be able to count the cards in my hand, cards or the table, and see how many cards I still need to take?

Just wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
why do I need to turn my newly taken cards at an angle? Wouldn't I be able to count the cards in my hand, cards or the table, and see how many cards I still need to take?
I see your point that the turning of new cards doesn't provide any new information. However, I for one find that I quickly see where I am in the round with the help of the turned cards. I don't think I could see that as quickly if all cards were laid the same way.

It also might help to keep track of what other players are up to. How many of their remaining turns are restrained by the rules about playing from hand, and how many turns are comparatively free picks from the middle of the table?

I strongly suspect that playtesters said something similar to the above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
primtim34 wrote:
Yes, you could do that. The turning of the cards is just a way to visually support that count. With so much else burning the brain it is easy to get excited about taking too many new cards, especially when they are powerful anomalies. In my first game I didn't stress the turning as much and one player who had the personal goal of drafting the most anomalies got a little carried away and drafted too many. Since we were all focusing on our own ruined plans we didn't catch it until it was too late to rewind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:
It also might help to keep track of what other players are up to. How many of their remaining turns are restrained by the rules about playing from hand, and how many turns are comparatively free picks from the middle of the table?
This, most of all. If you pay attention to what other players are doing, you can anticipate at least some of what they'll do -- crucial in a round where lots of people are going after the same resources. I find the armory becomes particularly fraught later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls