Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Jason White
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://media.libsyn.com/media/point2point/Point_2_Point_16.m...

Okay, this is it, the first of the wargamers' "All About" shows. Jason and Scott discuss Napoleonic Wars for a LONG time, giving a review (can you guess how many dice?) and then giving an extensive players' guide. Good for the novice and the experienced player. And, of course, a gamer rule tailored for playing the game...

Please note that this show is LONG, and if you burn it to a CD, you will need to use an MP3 splitter (Jason uses the one at http://heathcosoft.com/software/mp3trackmaker/).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Show starts great, but I haven't had the time to complete the whole episode. Now I hope GMT hurries up and prints the darn game again!
Back to listening..
ScottH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've preordered the game myself due to the positive comments on Point to Point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moll
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This show was long overdue and maybe that is why it was so long. I hope everyone likes it. Jason and I have pledged not to mention TNW on our podcast for at least 3 episodes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any takers on that happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Silva Jr.
United States
Carol Stream
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Look Sir!...Sand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I have been waiting for this show to find out more about the game.
Thanks guys.

ScottH wrote:
Any takers on that happening?

I wouldn't touch that bet with a ten foot pole.

-Simon
------------------
Cross this line, I dare you. Okay, cross THIS line. Er, uh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
United States
Leawood
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the new episode- I love the depth of your latest podcast and hope you guys can share more of your favorite games with us.

Was FOS Joe sent to the eastern front?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roach
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed it alot, and look forward as always to the next. Liked it so much I put a Nappy game on my want list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatso wrote:

Was FOS Joe sent to the eastern front?

I think I thoughtlessly hurt Joe's feelings...for which I feel bad, if it discouraged him from participating in the show...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about halfway through the podcast (thought I'd be done by now but I had to take care of some other issues first tonight), and it's great.

Like some others, I'd preordered it already, and here's to hoping that the P500 numbers will jump again.

Of course, the guys CAN afford to not talk about TNW, since they can now talk up Hannibal for the next three months....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if GMT is going to wait for 500 pre-orders, or will they print early like they did with Twilight Stuggle and B2B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea. I owe them a call myself; I'd ordered Guilford about 3 weeks ago, and I've yet to be charged (or be informed that they're out) on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got chance to listen through. Boy...I sure do know a lot about the game now!

Probably still won't be on my list...haven't had time to play what I currently own! But it was definitely an entertaining episode...it kept my attention for the whole time.

Thanks, guys! Now where the hell is Episode 17...???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. 2 hours. A very thorough analysis of the game though. It was very well done and informative (though a chapter break halfway through would've been nice). I've played TNW once but only made it through turn 4 with 4 players. Your podcast made me eager to try it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked out the P500 numvers and the new version of Napoleonic Wars is already over 600. I don't think this version is a major overhaul, so it seems resonable to expect it this year. Of course they do have a lot of games that are over 500 right now. A nice problem for them to have.
ScottH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason White
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe is NOT on the Eastern Front. He's just more of a guest appearance kind of guy right now.

And trust me, it's hard to hurt that guy's feelings...

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Jason, he just snivelled a bit when I called him a crossdresser...

-Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moll
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have called Joe a lot worse and all he can do is say "blast!" about 4 times. I think he is the reincarnation of some British lord or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

Thanks to you and Jason for producing Point 2 Point. It is one of my two favorite podcasts (the other being The Spiel). I have learned quite a bit about our hobby and I go back to the original Panzerblitz.

Nappy is indeed a fine game and I am desperately hoping GMT will put it on the front burner and get the 2nd edition out as I don't have my own copy. I am axious to try out the deluxe board and some pieces from a Risk set.

One thing I like about Nappy is that it scales well. You can play with 5 players or with 2. Of course, it shines as a multi-player game, but if you only have one wargaming friend, you can still get a lot out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Moody
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave it to Jason and Scott to produce a podcast that makes me seriously consider buying a game that I will neither have the time, nor the opponents to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
One thing I like about Nappy is that it scales well. You can play with 5 players or with 2. Of course, it shines as a multi-player game, but if you only have one wargaming friend, you can still get a lot out of it.

The developer prefers the 2-player game (which explains how the army boxes are laid out on the deluxe map). Last year's mini-con tourment was all three-player games. I wasn't sure about this format, but it worked great.

Glad to see the evangalizing of this great game. I hope the 2nd edition goes to press soon to take advantage of the pent up demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.