I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.newsarama.com/26627-rumor-slave-leia-banned-from-...

Not being a Star Wars fan, I didn't even know this was an issue. I can't say I'm surprised though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict for Return of the Jedi's 30th anniversary a new CGIed costume on Slave Leia.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It was actually kind of more of a surprise to me that they were making licensed slave leia costumes at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Starwars Justice Warriors strike back.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't go to a rumor site for definitive news.

Well, I guess it is a mix.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
I predict for Return of the Jedi's 30th anniversary a new CGIed costume on Slave Leia.
Well they should. The fact that her costume was so off that Amish Leia got branded as Slave Leia needs to be corrected. The costume should go down to the ankle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.
if you want her to become a stepford wife then good job i guess
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
I wouldn't go to a rumor site for definitive news.

Well, I guess it is a mix.
I go there all the time. They're pretty good about their geeky news stories.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
I wouldn't go to a rumor site for definitive news.

Well, I guess it is a mix.
I go there all the time. They're pretty good about their geeky news stories.
Better than Bleeding Cool for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Avatar
Microbadge: Classical Music fanMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Period film fanMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantly
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
I'll never forget the time a few years back when I was at Toys R Us with my niece and nephew, and I saw a little girl dragging her mom to the Bratz doll section, saying: "Mommy, I want the one that looks like me!"


8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
Your the one that brought her up in this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
Your the one that brought her up in this thread.
Shut the fuck up dumbass.
My question of WHY was directed at the person saying, That's terrible.
You useless waste of space.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
Your the one that brought her up in this thread.
Shut the fuck up dumbass.
My question of WHY was directed at the person saying, That's terrible.
You useless waste of space.


He is making an interesting observation badly.

Is it becasue of you and your attitude that your daughter think s this is "nice", and whether or not she will end up going out with the kind of men who think this is how women should dress and act?

Do you want that for your daughter?

As has been said by some of your Reptard buddies here on RSP before, if you do not want something mocked do not raise it here. I would rather this sort of thing was not done, but if it is do not whine when you become the target. Join with me in saying it is unacceptable whoever (and whatever) is the target.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
Your the one that brought her up in this thread.
Shut the fuck up dumbass.
My question of WHY was directed at the person saying, That's terrible.
You useless waste of space.


He is making an interesting observation badly.

Is it becasue of you and your attitude that your daughter think s this is "nice", and whether or not she will end up going out with the kind of men who think this is how women should dress and act?

Do you want that for your daughter?

As has been said by some of your Reptard buddies here on RSP before, if you do not want something mocked do not raise it here. I would rather this sort of thing was not done, but if it is do not whine when you become the target. Join with me in saying it is unacceptable whoever (and whatever) is the target.
YOu are a fucking idiot.
It isnt Drew that is just the target.
Bringing in someones kids here is just low.
I know YOU cant understand this since you have the brain of a retarded tick.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
The kids have fun imagining themselves as a brass bikini'd hero blasting away at the bad guys, pausing every now and then to do the hippy shake.

Of course Victorian prudes disapprove.
My Why was directed at, why it was terrible.
People can pick whatever they want.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why look... it's another thread ruined by The League of Put-Upon Martyrs spraying their martyrdom all over the place yet again.
13 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
Your the one that brought her up in this thread.
Shut the fuck up dumbass.
My question of WHY was directed at the person saying, That's terrible.
You useless waste of space.


He is making an interesting observation badly.

Is it becasue of you and your attitude that your daughter think s this is "nice", and whether or not she will end up going out with the kind of men who think this is how women should dress and act?

Do you want that for your daughter?

As has been said by some of your Reptard buddies here on RSP before, if you do not want something mocked do not raise it here. I would rather this sort of thing was not done, but if it is do not whine when you become the target. Join with me in saying it is unacceptable whoever (and whatever) is the target.
YOu are a fucking idiot.
It isnt Drew that is just the target.
Bringing in someones kids here is just low.
I know YOU cant understand this since you have the brain of a retarded tick.
You brought her in here. You used her as an example, so it is perfectly reasonable for someone else to question that example.

Now maybe you were not trying to make some point, but just sharing some family story with us. Or maybe you were trying to claim something using your daughter as the example.

I am drawing a line under this now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it poor when RotJ first came out. In Star Wars Leia was as strong a character as Luke and Han. OK, easier in one of those two cases. In ESB she was rather downgraded, and in RotJ she got stuck on that costume, redeemed only slightly by getting to strangle Jabba. And despite being billed as the other hope if Luke failed, she didn't really get anything to live up to that after that.

Pattern repeated in the other three films, where Amidala is strong in PM, but thereafter gets relegated as second fiddle to Anakin. But not in a metal costume.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Altair IV wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
The "Slave Leia" character is my daughters' first choice when we're playing LEGO Star Wars.

That's terrible.
Why?
I honestly don't get this. I get that objectifying women is bad, but what's an intergalactic gangster who claims ownership of females supposed to do? And how is a movie studio supposed to show the fact that the gangster objectifies women? And how much coke was Carrie Fisher doing when RotJ was filmed?
I don't give a shit about Slave Leia.

I think it's terrible that Drew gets to unleash a second generation of punishment on the world.
Ah yes, going after ones kids.
Liberals know no bounds on insulting people here, or even people that ARENT on here.
Scum.
Your the one that brought her up in this thread.
Shut the fuck up dumbass.
My question of WHY was directed at the person saying, That's terrible.
You useless waste of space.


He is making an interesting observation badly.

Is it becasue of you and your attitude that your daughter think s this is "nice", and whether or not she will end up going out with the kind of men who think this is how women should dress and act?

Do you want that for your daughter?

As has been said by some of your Reptard buddies here on RSP before, if you do not want something mocked do not raise it here. I would rather this sort of thing was not done, but if it is do not whine when you become the target. Join with me in saying it is unacceptable whoever (and whatever) is the target.
YOu are a fucking idiot.
It isnt Drew that is just the target.
Bringing in someones kids here is just low.
I know YOU cant understand this since you have the brain of a retarded tick.
You brought her in here. You used her as an example, so it is perfectly reasonable for someone else to question that example.

Now maybe you were not trying to make some point, but just sharing some family story with us. Or maybe you were trying to claim something using your daughter as the example.
DREW said HIS DAUGHTER likes to pick her.
Some piece of shit said, THAT's TERRIBLE.
I asked, WHY IS THAT TERRIBLE.
Then some piece of shit commented on the horribleness of drew reproducing.
Then you, another piece of shit, flew off the rails being the usual moronic retard that you are.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] |