Subject: Feel the Love - Thread #7 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: FTL [+] DoctorWho [+] moin [+] PONIES [+] Cwtches [+] [View All]
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gaming is in my DNAMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young UniversityMicrobadge: Mmmm, Fudge!Microbadge: Purple Seal of Goodness
Justin or JFro
He is always there lurking
Sometimes he says HI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
Microbadge: I was a microbadge once. I hated it.
ChipChuck wrote:
nunovix wrote:
jfro wrote:
I am terribly busy at work.

BUT

I have 3 MB codes to give away.

Write me a haiku extolling my virtues.

I will randomly pick 3.

Deadline :

6pm Eastern US (approx 5.5hrs)
Peace be with you,
as long as you live,
since you are the son of god
I read the first line and thought... "And also with you."

It's my Methodist upbringing. :)
and mine is
"and with your spirit."

It's my Catholic Seminary education hehe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
Microbadge: Kaffedrake's Microbadge Micro Reviews fanMicrobadge: timesMicrobadge: I have collected over 50 witty Kaffedrake-isms about my badgesMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: Peak Oil fan
jfro wrote:
I am terribly busy at work.

BUT

I have 3 MB codes to give away.

Write me a haiku extolling my virtues.

I will randomly pick 3.

Deadline :

6pm Eastern US (approx 5.5hrs)
One thousand pages,
the previous thread attained.
jfro saves the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Peridot: August birthstoneMicrobadge: Green Christian - we're all the stewards of EarthMicrobadge: I love books!Microbadge: Easily MisunderstoodMicrobadge: Dog lover
I received a box from Poland today.

Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
"Blut Aus Nord is an artistic concept. We don’t need to belong to a specific category of people to exist. If black metal is just this subversive feeling and not a basic musical style, then Blut Aus Nord is a black metal act. But...
badge
if we have to be compared to all these childish satanic clowns, please let us work outwards from this pathetic circus. This form of art deserves something else than these mediocre bands and their old music composed 10 years before by someone else."
Microbadge: 2019 RPGG GM challenge participantMicrobadge: I took the 2019 RPGG GM challenge and ran 5 gamesMicrobadge: Gundam fanMicrobadge: I love 3D printing!

I am somewhat afraid to open it up. The postman couldn't decide whether or not I needed to sign for it. He finally decided "no", muttered a prayer and took off out of the driveway at 85 mph (136 kmh).

Is it cursed? This is pretty close to Halloween.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
Microbadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: Gamer FamilyMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Games
October update on our challenges...
Item for Geeklist "2015 10x10 Challenge FTL Meta-Geeklist (Running totals)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
Microbadge: Wargamer of 30+ yearsMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Noble Knight of the Love ThreadMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Stoicism
Orangemoose wrote:

Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
"Blut Aus Nord is an artistic concept. We don’t need to belong to a specific category of people to exist. If black metal is just this subversive feeling and not a basic musical style, then Blut Aus Nord is a black metal act. But...
badge
if we have to be compared to all these childish satanic clowns, please let us work outwards from this pathetic circus. This form of art deserves something else than these mediocre bands and their old music composed 10 years before by someone else."
Microbadge: 2019 RPGG GM challenge participantMicrobadge: I took the 2019 RPGG GM challenge and ran 5 gamesMicrobadge: Gundam fanMicrobadge: I love 3D printing!

I am somewhat afraid to open it up. The postman couldn't decide whether or not I needed to sign for it. He finally decided "no", muttered a prayer and took off out of the driveway at 85 mph (136 kmh).

Andy,

Listen for any ticking sounds coming from the package, or growling. Either would be a bad, bad thing...

Of course, knowing Pawel, it is something traditionally Polish and probably shows his good taste and superior judgement.

But, ticking or growling... bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
Microbadge: I was a microbadge once. I hated it.
MadBrad wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
badge

Andy,

Listen for any ticking sounds coming from the package, or growling. Either would be a bad, bad thing...

Of course, knowing Pawel, it is something traditionally Polish and probably shows his good taste and superior judgement.

But, ticking or growling... bad.
I wish the Moose would just let me out of this box that Pawel posted me in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Came for the 6, stayed for the 7.

Welcome back everyone ! *toot*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
badge
OK, so now that Andy will be here less often, we have to find out ways to pass time whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DjaliRioT wrote:
We should almost complete during BGG.con. We've already committed to 8 plays of Abyss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad T
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...
Orangemoose wrote:

Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
badge

Beware of mysterious packages from Poland!
EDIT: replaced link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Ork of Christmas
msg tools
Microbadge: Warhammer 40,000 - Orks fan - WAAAGH!!!Microbadge: My Feel The Love Secret Santa made me very hoopy!Microbadge: My character carries a sawn-off shotgun - this is my BOOMSTICK!
Iz it dat time again?

Santa Ork iz 'ere to see to it dat da good boyz an' girlz will get speshul kustom gifts from da Mek shop while da bad 'unz get sum applikashun of boot levver to der arse and a whack with da choppa.

Ya gitz!

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
badge
KonradT wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
badge

Beware of mysterious packages from Poland!
EDIT: replaced link
Damn surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Guerra Gerdel
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
~Best for Business~
Microbadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I Love the 'Feel the Love' threadMicrobadge: ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't believe I just missed this laugh

Moin moin everyone, if you have time and such, check out FMW Reviews Board Games!!! Here is where I'll update my reviews I do on the site and you can check it out and discuss or whatever you crazy kids like to do! This is actually my first geeklist I created so I think this is something I'm really proud on building and expanding
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shepherd-Jones
United Kingdom
Walton on Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: I love Wales!Microbadge: I love Japan!Microbadge: Dog lover
I like cheese on toast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Shamrowicz
United States
Copley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
That's Heathersome!
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: I´m only half evilMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Mage Wars FanMicrobadge: I get my butt kicked playing games with my kid(s)
Suuure I make page 1000.. then get busy at work.. now I'm on Page 3... figures..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trainer BoBondi
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
3261 3237 0158
badge
Microbadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2019Microbadge: Noble Knight of the Love ThreadMicrobadge: Level 07 BGG posterMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Noble Page of the Love Thread
I was certain I'd miss page M, but this is crazy - we're already on page III!

In other news, I was supposed to host a game session for 3rd graders this evening, but when I and Ragga (coworker) showed up at the school, there was noone there. I took the box of games back to the game store and had an hour long conversation with the owner about which aspects of a board game we have to take into account when choosing the next game to teach a kid / a group of kids.

It was very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel
Poland
Valley of Dragons
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Peter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
#IAmErnie
badge
I am an orange blob, guaranteed to offend no one and everyone. You must be orangified.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Noble Knight of the Love ThreadMicrobadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the Week
Woot! I'm all caught up on thumbs in a FTL Thread! Won't happen again until the start of 8...but At least it happened once!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Peridot: August birthstoneMicrobadge: Green Christian - we're all the stewards of EarthMicrobadge: I love books!Microbadge: Easily MisunderstoodMicrobadge: Dog lover
I am about to order my first large print book soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Antiquity fanMicrobadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Photo Hall of Fame memberMicrobadge: Sekigahara: Unification of Japan fan
I think that more than love I need the Sun again. Last week in Portugal, near the World Surf Championship this was the look of it:

From gallery of davidallves

Now, it only rains for the last 4 days... cry

About the "love", check out the Contests I'm in right now anf if you like my job thumbs are very apreciated

Board Game: Antiquity

Photo contest HERE

And the Pimp contest HERE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
Orangemoose wrote:
Get an eink ereader, then you can zoom in! And before showing it to others you can sneakily zoom out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
#IAmErnie
badge
I am an orange blob, guaranteed to offend no one and everyone. You must be orangified.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Noble Knight of the Love ThreadMicrobadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the Week
davidallves wrote:
I think that more than love I need the Sun again. Last week in Portugal, near the World Surf Championship this was the look of it:

From gallery of davidallves

Now, it only rains for the last 4 days... cry

About the "love", check out the Contests I'm in right now anf if you like my job thumbs are very apreciated

Board Game: Antiquity

Photo contest HERE

And the Pimp contest HERE
Speaking of pimping out games, does anyone know if any company makes wooden bird meeples to replace cardboard geese in Roads and Boats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I play NinjaMicrobadge: I´m only half evilMicrobadge: Hanafuda deck fanMicrobadge: Whiskey!
Who wants delicious cupcakes?

Seems it has become that time again. I killed four queens and three kings in the past two days. Them evil ants are deploying in an attempt to recolonize under our house. It's been a good 6 months since the Ant War of 2015. But after the rains the other day, they are returning in army strength.

Luckily, they cannot pass up delicious cupcakes. devil
Time to bake up a fresh batch tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Aenea wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Get an eink ereader, then you can zoom in! And before showing it to others you can sneakily zoom out
Nope, I gotta feel the paper between my fingers. I'll never get one of those things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [1000] |