Subject: Stickers Please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has already been mentioned in other threads but I wanted to reemphasize it. Could someone please make something that you can print and stick on the player boards to reflect the new "official" rule changes of the shape shifters and river walkers. I wish I had the know how to do this myself, but I don't. I know I can count on the BGG community though to come up with something that looks nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something that looks like... this ?

EDIT : see updated images below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great! Although, in the "official" rule change the power cost for shape shifters was changed to 5, wasn't it? Or is 4 more balanced? Also, any chance you could also make one for the acolyte errata? Really though, thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right , I'll fix this and make Cultists asap.
Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moonshine64 wrote:
Those look great! Although, in the "official" rule change the power cost for shape shifters was changed to 5, wasn't it? Or is 4 more balanced? Also, any chance you could also make one for the acolyte errata? Really though, thanks a lot.
When you go to print these, consider getting the sticker paper that's removeable.

The worst that happens with the removeable stickers is you have to occasionally make a new one if the sticker gets ratty around the edges or stops behaving.

The worst that happens with a permanent sticker is that you place it badly or you get sticker build-up every time the rules change

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip, I didn't even know removable sticker paper existed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, here it comes with 5 powers :

And Cultists update :

EDIT : see updated images below

By the way, I've been uploading a PDF file with all 4 stickers : *here*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
N├╝rnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riverwalker unlocking cost was also changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I even was not aware of this :
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20667848#20667848

Okay, I'll update unlock prices for 1C/2C (seems more reasonable btw ninja)

I have to admit there was so much successive changes, I have not even been aware of it all...

In such unstable context, removable sticker solution seems a wise solution indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the least expensive option for removable stickers that you can run thru a printer (but not a laser printer because that screws up the adhesive):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007M5KZ?psc=1&redirect=t...

A sheet is the width of an envelope and somewhat shorter and there are two 3"x4" stickers per sheet. This size works fine in a printer. There's a 2"x4" two per sheet size as well, but that has jammed on me and I don't use them any more. You can get other sizes of paper, of course, but instead of being $3.99 it will be more like $12.99 for full-sized sheets.

The only thing is that the pdf has to be formatted to fit it. It will take a little fiddling to get it in the right spot, unless you port the images to Microsoft word, which has all the Avery templates by Avery number built in. It puts the outline of the sticker on the document and you slap in the images

Another option is to do one image per page and either waste the second sticker or run the sheet thru twice. In this kind of situation, I'd probably just waste the second sticker because they were a nickel each.

OK, that's all I got

PS, I have been known to these to label games I lend to people or bring to large game groups...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated versions (improved rendering and fixed cost) :

Cultists

Riverwalkers

Shapeshifters

File (version 1.2) available here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update : version 1.2 (link above)
Improved Riverwalkers sticker layout (thanks to Darador's suggestion)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Microbadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Egizia fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Level 13 BGG poster
Thanks Alban for your work. I got my label paper from Amazon and printed it, cut it out and it's perfect in size (I had to tell the printer to print in "original size") and color (the Shapeshifter SH sticker came out a bit on the yellow side, but that's probably a printer thing).

This is how the boards look now and you really have to look hard to see the sticker borders.

It remains to be seen how many games with greasy and/or moist fingers these ink jet prints will survive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
It remains to be seen how many games with greasy and/or moist fingers these ink jet prints will survive.
Umm... Maybe your problem isn't with the stickers so much as with your greasy fingered friends?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DocCool wrote:

All the more reason to use removeable stickers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
Thanks Alban for your work. I got my label paper from Amazon and printed it, cut it out and it's perfect in size (I had to tell the printer to print in "original size") and color (the Shapeshifter SH sticker came out a bit on the yellow side, but that's probably a printer thing)
My pleasure
It doesnt really surprise me for the "yellow" coloring issue. Contrary to Cultists for whom "official" board HQ image is available, I had to use my personnal scanner for expansion factions.
I did what I could to improve rendering, but definition and coloring is not so good if you look carefully to some Riverwalkers and Shapeshifter stickers elements.
I should crop them to the "book" only to avoid this. Thanks for pointing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Mueller
United States
East Moline
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I always apply a varnish to the surface of the sticker. When you do this you can do everything but submerge them in water and even then they will survive until the Water penetrates usually at the edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max M.
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the hard work, I really appreciate it. Does anyone know whether the publisher will release official stickers or not?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinicius Matos
Brazil
flag msg tools
But... Is this errata definitive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DaCosta
Canada
flag msg tools
You could always buy a can of Workable Fixitif....http://www.krylon.ca/products/workable-fixatif/

Just spray any printed material (this works great on inkjet printed stickers) and you've got something that is completely waterproof and smudge proof. I used this to cover custom poker chip labels I made, and they still look as good today as the day I printed them (over 10 years ago).

...you're welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls