George I.
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. In Pandemic, it was made clear that if you draw an Epidemic, you may play Resilient Population before resolving it, i.e., before drawing an infection card from the bottom of the infection deck.

However, I was reading the rules now and noticed the following:
Rulebook, p. 15 wrote:
EVENT CARDS

Playing an Event card is not an action. The player who plays an Event card decides how it is used. Event cards can be played at any time, except in between drawing and resolving a card.

Example: During infections, the first Infection card drawn causes an outbreak. You may not play the Remote Treatment to prevent this. After this outbreak happens however, you may use Remote Treatment before flipping over the next Infection card.
So, has there been a rule change from the original game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we always did it after the infect step (increase, infect, intensify), that way there are the most amount of cards in the discard pile to choose from

without knowing any of the spoilers, maybe this is clarified because of the legacy cards?

If I remember correctly doesn't the event card's text have some clarification?

I would also like to know since I will begin the legacy journey this weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Allain
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
My memory may be failing me, but I do believe that the Resilient Population event card itself has an exception to the rule printed on it. I *think* it states that it can be played between the Intensify and Infect step of an Epidemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resilient Population is an exception to the rule that you may not play a card during resolution of another card. This is written on the card itself, not in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMatt wrote:
My memory may be failing me, but I do believe that the Resilient Population event card itself has an exception to the rule printed on it. I *think* it states that it can be played between the Intensify and Infect step of an Epidemic.
banjothulu wrote:
Resilient Population is an exception to the rule that you may not play a card during resolution of another card. This is written on the card itself, not in the rules.
Excellent! The last time I saw a copy of that card was from the first edition of Pandemic, where there was no text on it. I actually googled and found an image of a newer copy of the card, confirming that it has an exception printed on it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, apparently this has always been the intended functionality of this card, it's only in the more recent editions that the exception has been printed directly on the card. Check out this thread with replies from Matt Leacock himself: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/914238/question-about-epide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls