Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
It can fight, it gains extra influence if it bites, and it gives just as many points as an aristocratic one if it matures. Thematically that seems kind of lame, it seems like if you're going for influence a vampire high up in the royalty or something would give you the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing aristocratic vampire originally gave 5 points, but then either they changed their minds, or the cards were misprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
well in the FAQ thread someone said that FFG responded and that it's not a misprint, so it's a bit disappointing that they didn't give the aristocratic vampire something to compensate, like you think he could at least use his influence to create a few road blocks or something ya know?

It's really weird that the newest vampires have the most health, the reckless vampire is the most useful one, and the aristocratic ones, which are most like dracula are the most useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...Or the cards are wrong, but FFG have preferred to errata the rulebooks?

...Or it was reduced from 5 to 4 after playtesting showed Dracula was winning too quickly?

One of the latest previews/news articles FFG posted (just around time of release) actually mentions 3 or 4 (not the 3,4,5), so I tend to think it was intentionally changed, albeit late in the design process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillyBabel wrote:
the aristocratic ones, which are most like dracula are the most useless.

Seems to me entirely thematic that aristocrats are useless. :)

But I do suspect this was a late change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Kourganov
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Aristocratic vampire the hunter must get delayed in order to get rid of it. Not a big deal, but still something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Delay can be huge. But pretty much all the vamps die to a stake, so this time isn't really that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.