Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Dion
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me preface this by saying I am certain that I am doing something wrong, I just want to understand what/why.

I'm going through the Example of Play in the Playbook. On Turn 7, after Alex plays the Fire Action activating the Ganz FG, the example says Alex "makes a FG using the squad as the base (FP of 7) adding +3 for the Team and 2 LMGs (+1 each)" [emphasis mine]

Here's my problem. I understand the bit in the rules about the total FP of a FG being X+Y, with X being the FP of the base unit, and Y being the number of additional units. But that Weapon Team only has a range of 2, and therefore can't reach the target unit in H4. This would leave only two eligible LMGs firing with the base group, for a total of 9 FP.

I don't recall a provision in the rules that allows you to count a unit as having range if the weapon it's carrying has range. But, by my newbie understanding of the rules, it looks like only 9 FP.

Please - somebody help me pull me head out of the sand here . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Camperdown
NSW, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Team now has Range of 4, due to Ganz's Command of 2 being added to its inherent Range of 2, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The weapon's team was placed in I9, but then advanced into H8 (turn 6), same hex as Granz. Therefore, Granz's command rating (2) is added to the Weapon Team's range allowing them to participate in the fire group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dion
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ta-da.

Like a retard, I was only adding the command modifier to FP and Morale. You know, 3.3.1.2 is early enough in the rulebook that I still should have been paying attention . . .

Thank you gentlemen for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if it makes you feel better justin i was baffled by this one for a while too...
sometimes something is soo obvious i think we assume it's something altogether more devious, when in fact in CC:E it nearly always seems to be what is obvious is actually how it plays, which i think is a great testament to the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clifford Mudd
United States
O Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking the question. I also was having this issue. Left over SL/ASL assumption that command only effect fire and morale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.