Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love stories... campaigns with written stories. I am not interested in making my own story though... so what would you recommend as the best stories/campaigns out there?

I have thoroughly enjoyed Imperial Assault's campaign. Love the story part of it, and the flow.

Memoir 44 continues the campaign theme, but also has a good historical "story" of why things are happening.

Tales of Arabian Nights is less game, but plenty of story. Lots of fun.

What are some other good games with campaign stories out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics - playing through it with my family now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends of Andor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Mass Effect fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Original Trilogy fanMicrobadge: Batman fanMicrobadge: "Make It So!" - Captain Jean Luc PicardMicrobadge: Fallout fan
Mansions of Madness has 5 tightly-woven stories with varying milestones.

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island, Eldritch Horror and Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game featue free-form storytelling with the players connecting the dots.

I have not played it yet, but Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set seems to have story progression and character development.

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 also tells a dramatic story, but I guess it happens "indirectly" in the heads of the players. Again, not played yet (cry).

Does Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases apply ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
War of the Ring (Second Edition) tells an amazing story each time I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poczet Herbut
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven. It's not out yet but the promise is great.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven?r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of debate about this, but I'm thoroughly enjoying T.I.M.E Stories and its expansion T.I.M.E Stories: The Marcy Case.

In TIME Stories, you are chasing down criminals who have gone back in time, creating temporal faults. It is an entirely story driven game that is much akin to old school point and click deduction games. There are dice challenges that you must also complete.

The fun thing about this system is that in each campaign, you go back to a different time period. The base game, has a campaign called Asylum, where you go back to a mental Asylum in the 1940s. In the first expansion, the Marcy Case, you travel to 1992 in order to...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Battle a zombie invasion

So each expansion campaign will have different mechanics and a different feel. I believe the next one is a sword and sorcery type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Mansions of Madness. No campaign but terrific immersive stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls