Popular Tags: [View All]
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one, who finds it odd that a base game has the product SW03? Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion Game is SW01.

So this is also a one of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I imagine their will be a separate dice pack. The game includes 10 dice. Which I presume will be 5 each of red and black?

With certain combinations of units, dice pools may well require more than 5 dice of a certain type for instance.

That doesn't answer what the 3rd product might be. Or why the game itself isn't SW01, and the other stuff comes after...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mb
As Herwig said, Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion is SW01. This suggests that Star Wars: Rebellion is a standalone game, because FFG's expandable games typically get their own designator. For example, Star Wars: The Card Game is SWC01 and the many expansions are SWC02, SWC03, SWC04, etc. Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game is SWX01, with expansions as SWX02, SWX03, SWX04, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quick to criticize FFG for their dice component decisions in the X-Wing and Armada core sets, but those are expandable miniature combat game systems where dice packs do make some sense. This is a standalone boardgame so I don't expect they will have a dice expansion. 90% confident anyways...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this teacher's page.
badge
Microbadge: I practice Random Acts of KindnessMicrobadge: Pay it ForwardMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: I Pay it Forward FirstMicrobadge: 4G fan. Win a free game of your choice!
Hansolo88 wrote:
I'm quick to criticize FFG for their dice component decisions in the X-Wing and Armada core sets, but those are expandable miniature combat game systems where dice packs do make some sense. This is a standalone boardgame so I don't expect they will have a dice expansion. 90% confident anyways...
Imperial Assault has a dice pack ... For convenience, both Imperial Assault and Rebellion need more dice than what comes in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems reasonable that this is a standalone game as it looks like to already include all the galaxy. But what game is SW02?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Better Living Through ChemistryMicrobadge: GayMicrobadge: Beard fanMicrobadge: Leather Pride
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Hansolo88 wrote:
Imperial Assault has a dice pack ... For convenience, both Imperial Assault and Rebellion need more dice than what comes in the box.
Why does Rebellion need more dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Hansolo88 wrote:
IA, Descent and Battlelore have them... but then they're all games with a large number of expansions. I don't think we've ever seen them for a pure standalone game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Hansolo88 wrote:
Why does Rebellion need more dice?
Prior to the dice limit rule being known, the included dice were far too few for a lot of the late game battles. With that rule though, the dice are less of a problem.
I'd probably still buy a dice pack though just so I didn't have to pass dice back and forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
jonboyjon wrote:

With certain combinations of units, dice pools may well require more than 5 dice of a certain type for instance.
Units can only generate a max of five black dice and five red dice in one round of combat. The only reason to get more dice is convenience of not having to pass them around.

Battlelore receives expansions but you can see how it would be expandable from the get go. This may be a product that receives no expansions, like Horus Heresy.

Considering how well it will sell, I wouldn't be surprised if they did do a small box expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls