Popular Tags: [View All]
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
USPS carrier just dropped off my Amerika KS package. cool

Finished my inventory. NOT one piece was missing.

- Miniatures: Unlike 3D renditions of miniatures in other Kickstarters, what you get is pretty much what was shown presented in the KS. They are made of hard plastic and seem to be very tough.

However, a number of the vehicle miniatures suffer from 'droopy' gun barrels and several of the aircraft miniatures suffer from bent wings. I'm hopeful that treatment with hot & cold water will restore them to their correct position.

For the infantry miniatures, their gun barrels are the weakest component of all of the miniatures. While only one miniature had a missing barrel, a number of the German panzergrenadier miniatures showed white stress lines where the gun barrels were badly bent, but barely attached.

The other esthetic problem with the miniatures was highly visible white spot(s) where the miniature had been separated from its sprue.

- Rulebook: Glossy, large print, with an open feel to the narrative on the pages. Profusely illustrated with 'color pictures' of the miniatures, map, tokens, etc. Pages have a subdued historical photographic effect to them that doesn't get in the way of the rules themselves. Beats bland white pages. Haven't looked into the rules and their organization, this is a variant of Axis & Allies / Risk. How complicated can they be? whistle

- Charts & Tables: Compact build chart [3] also illustrated with color pictures of miniatures. Battleboard uses single silhouette for each type of unit represented. Clear and easily read.

- Map: Adequate. No obvious ambiguities. Minimal use of terrain types. Functional.

- Boxes: Game box ell illustrated; fits tightly together. Two spacers and six component boxes [if you ditch the spacers, you can fit in two more component boxes with a little bit of space left over]. Component boxes nicely illustrated; however, they are really tight. You have to pry them open using your fingernails or some other similar item. Really a tight fit.

- KS Goodies: A mix of hard plastic, embossed 1/2 inch tokens, and some 5/8 inch circular tokens made from a mystery material. The circular tokens have pictures laminated [I guess] to them. Thin cardboard coasters for each player, with a different iconic symbol on each side, e.g., the Japanese coaster has a red meatball on one side and a rising sun on the other. Mouse pad, battle labels, initiative token, etc.

I ended up with 640 miniatures, only two of which were actually broken. All in all, a pretty good KS package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome, thanks for the overview.
Can't remember if the game map was mounted or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
Sounds awesome, thanks for the overview.
Can't remember if the game map was mounted or not?

Mounted. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for this highly detailed report. To be honest, for a company that specializes in selling miniatures, the quality of the game pieces sounds very disappointing. I am seriously considering canceling my order. It was a post-KS order. In contrast I ordered a game from Italy that had a ton of plastic soldiers, and not was messed up! Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your report. At leas I hope the game plays wells for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carroll
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phuloivet wrote:
Thank you for this highly detailed report. To be honest, for a company that specializes in selling miniatures, the quality of the game pieces sounds very disappointing. I am seriously considering canceling my order. It was a post-KS order. In contrast I ordered a game from Italy that had a ton of plastic soldiers, and not was messed up! Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your report. At leas I hope the game plays wells for you.

Chuckster, what game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The op has pretty much pegged it. I just finished organizing my copy last night and I agree with all his points. My only disappointment was with the plastic removal points on many figures (shows white against the base color). The issue of too-fragile gun barrels on the German and American infantry is real, but not too much of a biggie for me. I may clip some of the existing barrel in order to protect the shorter length left.

The small "storage" boxes were an unnecessary expense on the part of HMG,as they are not nearly big enough to hold all the parts. I just plastic baggied mine.

I do think the game looks great, and there are an absolute ton of extra tanks and planes different from the base game (campaign/research upgrades?). Any game with a Maus has my approval!

I hope to play this in the coming week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Texas gamer wrote:
phuloivet wrote:

Chuckster, what game?

We Were Brothers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Skiprydell wrote:
The small "storage" boxes were an unnecessary expense on the part of HMG,as they are not nearly big enough to hold all the parts. I just plastic baggied mine.

Strange... the boxes accommodate all of my minis easily. Did you order add-on's/extras?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David, had you received an e-notification that your copy was shipping, or did it just come out of the blue? I have heard nothing . . . at all . . . .

Sad to hear about the sprue-break stress whitening. A sprue cutter would have avoided that. I believe the separation was done at the manufacturing source, as it appeared all the loose minis arrived here from China in large plastic bags inside boxes.

Especially strange to hear of drooping wings and gun barrels since they're made of hard plastic. Probably sat in shipping containers under hot sun for too long. Unfortunate.

From reading the rules, the play, at least, seems promising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard nothing as well. Some of my compatriots have had their copies for about 3 weeks now. Would like to know a bit more after waiting for a few years
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen or heard anything as well. It would appear that they are taking a rather measured pace in the shipping of the 267 backer copies of the game from the far off land of Oklahoma I believe it was?

I can only guess that they are carefully insuring the contents are correct and the proper extras are included for each and every box that leaves the warehouse. Which is rather a good thing actually all things considered. Though such things do take extra time, it does help insulate them from the Fire & Fury of an angry backer who receives an incorrect or incomplete package.

And although we have had to wait rather longer for the game to arrive than originally listed, I submit this is a vast improvement over the extra time required for some KS projects, like say Up Front.

Never is an awfully long delay.

............cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
The game showed up yesterday and looks terrific!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I received my order last week. I got a lot of add-ons and everything seems ok so far. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, especially when the original KS didn't fund. Not sure about what storage solution I will use, but hopefully someone will post a great solution that reasonably priced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carroll
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting in the state just next door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carroll
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived today. Looks packed well, have not checked it yet,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived this morning, 12/23, in perfect condition.

Very nice box--linen-finished both lid and bottom, heavy and durable. Mounted board, nice and flat. Slight curve to the three "player boards," nothing dreadful. Nice rulebook. Nice chips. Nice red dice. Six boxes inside to hold the three sides (Free World, Germany, Japan); chips and dice; markers; and expansion pieces.

Two separate boxes in the long shipping carton holding the unit pieces and expansion pieces. Lots of pieces. LOTS of pieces. Nicely detailed. I noticed one German Maus which had been mis-assembled, the gunhouse tilting forward rather than being fully inserted into the receiving well in the vehicle hull.

Also noticed, oddly, at least two pieces (one of which is a B-47) in a slightly lighter shade of green. Doesn't bother me--sometimes when this happens with a piece I like to "follow the career" of that piece in the game--but I wonder how such things happen (this certainly is less weird than receiving a Matilda tank in Italian color in my copy of A&A: Anniversary Edition).

Now, all I need is some time to learn how to play, and enjoy this lovely thing. Did I receive money's worth? From the physical-quality standpoint, I certainly think so, and I've also been glad to see additional rules posted for the supplemental piece types. Look out, you Fascists, my B-47's comin' for ya!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Lengert
Germany
Leverkusen
Germany
flag msg tools
Did any non-US backer get their pledge?
Still waiting and still getting older.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maiden666 wrote:
Did any non-US backer get their pledge?
Still waiting and still getting older.shake

Nope, nothing here in Oz.
So some peeps got theirs back in December 2015, but 4 months later, others are still waiting. Wut!? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.