Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a State Cup coming up (local thing fans are putting together in Utah), and I really like 4 Y-Wings w/turrets. I haven't used the new TLTs though yet, so I'm considering the Thugs with TLTs and Agromechs. My real question, would you leave the turrets as turrets, or would you throw on the BTL title to get extra attacks?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Agatha Raisin TV series, adapted from stories by MC BeatonMicrobadge: Fan of Volition GamesMicrobadge: PescatarianMicrobadge: Starsiege and Starsiege: Tribes FanMicrobadge: Fan of Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries
Leave them as turrets.

Thing with TLTs is that they do damage very slowly. It's CONSISTENT damage, and very hard to dodge, but it just accumulates really, really slowly. So you have to keep the weapon on the target turn after turn after turn to kill it.

Which really doesn't pair well with having to keep the target in your forward arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Got a State Cup coming up (local thing fans are putting together in Utah), and I really like 4 Y-Wings w/turrets. I haven't used the new TLTs though yet, so I'm considering the Thugs with TLTs and Agromechs. My real question, would you leave the turrets as turrets, or would you throw on the BTL title to get extra attacks?

-shnar
I'd run with Unhinged over Agromechs. Those green 3s are incredible.
If you fly them with the titles make sure you get plenty of practice. It's much harder to fly well than the non-title version. But when flown well it's devastating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant the Unhinged Agromechs, I keep confusing Agromech with Salvaged in my head for some reason. I love getting Green 3s. Last year, I tried doing 4Ys w/Astromech and Ion Turrets and loved it, but while it controlled the board it just never did enough damage to win tournaments. With the BTL title, I've been tempted to fly 4 Thugs w/Unhinged and Ions and BTLs, the extra attack is enough to make this a good tournament list, but now I'm considering TLTs, even more damage.

Having just watched Paul at Worlds though, I'm wondering if having a stressbot in a list of Ys wouldn't be better. Something like:
- Gold Wing w/R3-A2, TLT, BTL
- Gold Wing w/R2 Astro, Ion Turret, BTL

Maybe drop one of the BTLs to have a turretable ION, or have just 2 IONs and 2 TLTs...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using BTL/A4 means you have to keep a target in arc, which is probably going to be difficult with low PS Y-Wings. If you have great confidence in your maneuvering, go with the title. Otherwise, keep the turrets.

There's some interesting discussion on the latest Scum & Villainy and NOVA Squadron podcasts about quad TLTs. Doug Kinney went on record as saying they won't make top 16 at Worlds. Very good players know how to handle TLTs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: El-ahrairahMicrobadge: Charlie Chaplin fanMicrobadge: Friedrich HayekMicrobadge: Silent Film fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fan
Maybe split the difference and run two with and two without - try and keep things in your front arc and you can really push out some serious damage.

Worlds has been pretty interesting.

Rebels doing well and a triple K-Wing build has been pretty amazing (Kinetic Operator).

Paul Heaver is 8-0 with a modified win with a Poe, 2xTLT, Z list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching worlds, and the TripleK is very tempting. Simple, elegant, easy to fly, etc. So while no Quad TLT made it to top 16, a Tri TLT did

Here's another list I've been debating:
- Poe Dameron w/R5-P9, Predator, Autothrusters
- Esege Tuketu (K-Wing) w/TLT and Tactician
- Gold Squadron w/R3-A2 and Ion Cannon

So a lot of stress with a good finisher, and lots of damage to eat through. I've never flowing the T-70s though, so that's always risky to take to a tournament (not being familiar with dial/etc).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterhit wrote:
Maybe split the difference and run two with and two without - try and keep things in your front arc and you can really push out some serious damage.

Worlds has been pretty interesting.

Rebels doing well and a triple K-Wing build has been pretty amazing (Kinetic Operator).

Paul Heaver is 8-0 with a modified win with a Poe, 2xTLT, Z list.
Is there any posting online yet that lists the top 16 squads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Böhnemann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There was a quad TLT list that did really well that had no titles and Unhinged Astromechs. I would say if you want to run the title, mix it, run one or 2 with it and the rest without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Garrison
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was one standard 4 thug TLT list that made top 8.

Here is the thread with the results.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/192577-2015-w...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was it this one?

Quote: