Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
70 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: What Wargame Did You Just Get Rid of This Month? November, 2015 Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ek T
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What wargame or wargames have you just gotten rid of? Please post your wargames that are newly out the door.

That is...

HOLD OFF UNTIL THEY ARE PHYSICALLY OUT OF YOUR POSSESSION.

Let's see what wargames you all got rid let go of this month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None! Once in my possession, a wargame rarely leaves the bunker! I've acquired over 200 wargames over the years, and I've probably traded or sold less than half a dozen in all that time! My game room is like the Hotel California for wargames - they can check out anytime they want but they can never leave!
devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spektacles wrote:

Let's see what wargames you all got rid of this month!
"Got rid of"?

I find the wording insulting for the wargames I have given away for free: over 450+ games in the last 10 years.

So I will not give any details in this topic to keep secret the names of the games implicated. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep the games that I buy. Music, on the other hand . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great subject for a list. So far, nothing, but at the end of last month, I traded away the following--

I'm trying to tune my collection, as well as pick up games that I can potentially use in the classroom. I teach the French Revolution, and Hold the Line went in exchange for a second copy of Levee en Masse, while Warriors of God went for Liberte.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mochara C
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Stinkin' BadgeMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: SatanistMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
Purging any game I possess with the taint of Berg 'pon it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Pundyk
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
I gave away two:

1. Fire in the Lake The first and last COIN game I'll ever buy. I don't get the attraction of the system. No historical feel and boring beyond belief.

2. Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? I bought it originally because of its purpose-built solo option, but found it to be incredibly uninteresting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightinlegalist1 wrote:
I gave away two:

1. Fire in the Lake The first and last COIN game I'll ever buy. I don't get the attraction of the system. No historical feel and boring beyond belief.

2. Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? I bought it originally because of it's purpose-built solo option, but found it to be incredibly uninteresting.
Labyrinth is a great game, but I can't speak to the solo option. As a two-player game, though, it's the bee's knees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

So I will not give any details in this topic to keep secret the names of the games implicated.
We'll keep the details of Where There Is Discord: War in the South Atlantic between us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Pundyk
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
seanmac wrote:
fightinlegalist1 wrote:
I gave away two:

2. Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? I bought it originally because of its purpose-built solo option, but found it to be incredibly uninteresting.
Labyrinth is a great game, but I can't speak to the solo option. As a two-player game, though, it's the bee's knees.
Quite possibly, but the subject matter really doesn't do anything for me. It is one of the only times I have ever bought a wargame based on an interesting game mechanism, rather than the historical subject of the game. Never again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to get rid of some of my collection. If anyone sees anything of interest on my trade list, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McLean
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightinlegalist1 wrote:
I gave away two:

I traded away Labyrinth as well, for much the same reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mochara C
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Stinkin' BadgeMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: SatanistMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.

Looked legit and I'm usually up for some Market Garden, but my old peepers cannot cope with the tiny counters with even tinier text & symbols. Too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me." Blaise Pascal
badge
"There is yet faith, but the faith and the hope and the love are all in the waiting." T.S. Elliot
mbmbmbmbmb
moly19 wrote:

Looked legit and I'm usually up for some Market Garden, but my old peepers cannot cope with the tiny counters with even tinier text & symbols. Too bad.
I let it go for the same reasons, and I am a continual sucker for Market Garden games. I also found the rules nowhere near to being the clear and easy that I expected, given the fanfare.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mochara C
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
SailinDude wrote:
moly19 wrote:
Purging any game I possess with the taint of Berg 'pon it.
Heh heh. You said "taint".
Now imagine the taintiest taint in all of taintdom, perched atop a fat neck, with ridiculous nonsense spewing out from between it's taint-beard: that's Berg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also recently got rid of Europe Engulfed, with an eye towards replacing it with Triumph & Tragedy as part of my quest to go smaller and quicker with my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etien "The Most Interesting Gamer in the World"
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
1/114th Air Assault
badge
Huey's Forward
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedrich (2nd Ed) in Wargames Paying It Forward thread.

EDIT: a decent game; had ordered a second copy of the same edition by mistake, then picked up the 3rd edition, so ended up with 3 copies. One copy went to a good home in Wargamers Paying it Forward, and I traded away the second copy recently. Still have the 3rd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Thomas
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
Can he lead a normal life? No. He'll be an engineer.
badge
It is well that wargames are so terrible, lest we should grow too fond of them.
mbmbmbmbmb
moly19 wrote:

Kerry Anderson sells a readable counterset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Buse
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Einstürzende Neubauten fanMicrobadge: Unhappy King Charles! fanMicrobadge: Fan of Save the RhinosMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: I love bumblebees!
Kerry's counters are very good - they make this otherwise excellent game playable.

fredthomas wrote:

Kerry Anderson sells a readable counterset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Miles
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Houston Dynamo fanMicrobadge: I don't know what I'm doingMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: 20th Century Russian Composers fanMicrobadge: Episcopalian
Reconquista and To The Last Man. I'm trying to clear out games that I've either played but realize won't get many more spins or ones that I am unlikely ever to get to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gocamels wrote:
fightinlegalist1 wrote:
I gave away two:

LOL. Labyrinth is my number one game overall.

My top 5 I will never ever sell:

1. Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?
2. Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion
3. Eldritch Horror
4. D-Day at Omaha Beach
5. Ambush!

I will never understand the human species really

BTW: I find this a fascinating thread. This should become a massive number of posts with all that unplayed stuff in our closets.

The balance between this thread and the "new purchases of the month" will give us an idea how many TONS we stock in our basements and attics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eren Koyunoglu
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiles wrote:
Reconquista and To The Last Man. I'm trying to clear out games that I've either played but realize won't get many more spins or ones that I am unlikely ever to get to the table.
To The Last Man! is one of my favourites, I am surprised to see it on the list. I would beg you to play one more game of it before letting it go (if you still have it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonny Wille
Belgium
9310 Meldert
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Bos wrote:
gocamels wrote:
fightinlegalist1 wrote:
I gave away two:

LOL. Labyrinth is my number one game overall.

My top 5 I will never ever sell:

1. Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?
2. Conflict of Heroes: Eastern Front – Solo Expansion
3. Eldritch Horror
4. D-Day at Omaha Beach
5. Ambush!

I will never understand the human species really

BTW: I find this a fascinating thread. This should become a massive number of posts with all that unplayed stuff in our closets.

The balance between this thread and the "new purchases of the month" will give us an idea how many TONS we stock in our basements and attics.
It is all about different tastes

I traded Navajo Wars last month. I did like the game but for some reason I'm not that very found of solo designed games. The strange part is that I do like playing solo but I enjoy it more to play both sides of a 2player game than playing against a "game system"

I also traded most of my COIN games this year and just kept one. I just found them not different enough to keep them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does "refreshing" the old editions - properly sold - with the new ones count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ek T
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mythologem wrote:
Does "refreshing" the old editions - properly sold - with the new ones count?
Sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |