Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see that opening the book wide is probably going to split the binding, as others have pointed out.

However, I'm trying a quick method to stop the book opening too wide....

....bulldog clips (binder clips/foldback clips).
- the small ones with the removable metal openers/handles.

Link to show what I mean

http://www.staples.co.uk/assorted-foldback-clips-black/cbs/2...

I have two small black bulldog clips (about 25mm wide) in the house that fit really well. Once they were in place I simply removed the handles. I did put a slip of card under the jaws to protect the cover.

The book opens wide enough to read everything but doesn't stress the binding.

I've no idea if this will work but it is really low cost and effort !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rule book should have been a hard back. I mean whats an extra 20.00 to the cost of this game anyway?

Hopefully a future kickstarter will offer a hardbacked rulebook as one of the addons to your pledge.

Also posco, got my KD:M today in the uk. Glad to see mine is in perfect condition no damage or missing pages etc. Was worried with some of the stories on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is such a nice book it is a shame it is not hardback but I'm just glad it arrived ok. At the end of the day I bought a game to play, not a pretty thing to admire on the shelf - however if pages fell out that would get annoying.

The insert was split in quite a few places but loads of games suffer from that and I've already repaired it with black tape.

I just have no idea where to store the box now !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Posco wrote:
It is such a nice book it is a shame it is not hardback but I'm just glad it arrived ok. At the end of the day I bought a game to play, not a pretty thing to admire on the shelf - however if pages fell out that would get annoying.

The insert was split in quite a few places but loads of games suffer from that and I've already repaired it with black tape.

I just have no idea where to store the box now !

my box sits ontop of my cthulhu wars box

Its a very unwieldy size
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am personally happy it isn't a hardcover. It is a hell of a lot easier paging through a softcover than a hardcover. I will soon have mine ring-sprial bound with plastic covers and that will be the end of that.....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Ski said…

And click here to see what that binding looks like.
It was dirt cheap. $8.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/20828628#20828628
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
well im still crossing my fingers in the hopes they do the hunt track on thick card and a hard covered rule book as a future kickstarter addon.

Im sure with the success of KDM that another Kickstarter will happen at some point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gill
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brrrmanza wrote:
Like Ski said…

And click here to see what that binding looks like.
It was dirt cheap. $8.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/20828628#20828628

Looks like a good job. Unfortunately I checked when I first received the book and there was no obvious place local to me in the UK to take it (and I wanted to protect the book straight away).
But I am also not a big fan of spiral binding as I have a bad habit of damaging the pages in a thick book when turning them.
The cost wasn't a significant consideration.
The risk of someone making a mess of the job was though.

I did look for the plastic strips that you can slip pages into, that might work to protect the book, but our main stationery supplier closed down and the ones I still had were too narrow at 7mm.

However, so far I'm happy with my quick fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.