Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get Battles magazine check out the article by Laurent Closier (p68). He has done a very detailed mathematical analysis of the CRT that many have decried as 'broken'. Laurent does a magnificent job of recreating my original analysis from 1985 that was lost many house moves ago. So for those who prefer 'word of mouth' over deep thought, please avoid reading this article.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to read that, but unfortunately I don't get Battles magazine.
I hang on to my copy of that game because of the CRT; I knew you were up to something but I've never had time to sit down and figure out what.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
I would love to read that, but unfortunately I don't get Battles magazine.
I hang on to my copy of that game because of the CRT; I knew you were up to something but I've never had time to sit down and figure out what.

Brian

Thanks for the confidence pal. I will ask Olivier if it is ok for me to scan the article and send it to you.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great, thanks!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Mohammed
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I get the mag.

But truthfully , I don't need it. I always believed in the CRT, no one needs to "prove it" to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Mark's two page designer notes of the CRT which I just reread last night. Makes logical sense to me. Certain not "broken" by any means. Available on the France 1944 page, right here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be the first game I ever track down just for the WOM (Word of Mouth) about said combat system. Intrigued enough to sniff it out and get a copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Hendrickson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Respectfully, of course crt broken. 1 to 4. Should not be even odds and if in chart 3 works, then do a suicide combat for best result! Also, 1. To 1 odds is best, but this is too low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ratbulogg wrote:
Respectfully, of course crt broken. 1 to 4. Should not be even odds and if in chart 3 works, then do a suicide combat for best result! Also, 1. To 1 odds is best, but this is too low.

Respectfully, article recreates my math. You can disagree, but broken is an opinion not a fact.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Hendrickson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Let me put it this way. The system encourages attrition, so why would the allies ever attack at 1 to1 when they can make 4 attacks each at 1 to 4? The results at column 3 will result in desirable outcomes. So the crt damm auticorrectcry incentivies allied behavior utterly contrary to what the generals did. It doesn't matter whether history validates the crt, cuz the REVERSE is what drives the game. There is. O incentive to behave realistically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.