Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: The mystery of the two boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
On the ZMan website, at numerous online retailers, even on BGG until earlier today, the contents are listed as including:

* 1 Game board
* 1 Epic-sized board, showing the world’s major cities and their status

Of course, now I've unpacked my copy I've found only one board in there, and that seems to be correct.

So why the two boards listed in the contents? Is it just a glitch, or is it a glimpse into some earlier stage of development?

The first photos of a game board had panic levels marked using a pen rather than stickers. Maybe at that stage of prototyping/playtesting all the scribbling happened on an "epic" board and actual play happened on the other?

In my heart I know a glitch is overwhelmingly the more likely explanation, but the alternative is so much more intriguing. (-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a typo. Pandemic Legacy's board is bigger than regular Pandemic's board, "epic" might be a bit of a stretch, Z-Man

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice catch, I actually like the stickers better. I want so badly to have a fallen city!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^ but that's like, a bad thing man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A mistake now fixed on the Z-Man website Good catch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
alexankh wrote:

Given the insights we already have into Rob Daviau's mind, maybe he intends us to want to play through a second time, intentionally doing badly so we get fallen cities, dead characters, box 8, etc.!

(Relatedly, I've not actually seen a rule that states what you do if you begin a game with fewer live characters than players. Presumably someone has to start the game as a civilian.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
alexankh wrote:

Some people just want to see the world burn cool

Jokes aside, it would be interesting if you could at the cost of 2 panic levels, remove all cubes from a city, kinda like the missile to Raccoon city. Maybe Pandemic: World's End Legacy edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamequack wrote:
Nice catch, I actually like the stickers better. I want so badly to have a fallen city!

I have 5 fallen cities, you can have them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.