Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The must have been one hell of a Garden Party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine wasnt quite that bad, no actual punctures, just a bunch of dents, but it was beaten up more than any other package I have ever received. Interior contents were fine. I was a bit worried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petros Lee
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mine came the same way... the corner was messed up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came yesterday and also got crushed, with a split end on the box. It just wasn't packed well enough. And since I didn't have a tracking number, got left in the rain. Luckily, it was only out there long enough for the 2 loose cards to get damp and not actually destroyed. (Why couldn't they be thrown in the Garden Party bag?)

Backing Kickstarters that come in worse condition than ding&dent purchases from stores does not really make me a happy camper. I think from now on I might try to stick to non-US KS only if they promise tracking, and get every KS creator to ensure the game will ship in a box and not an envelope like other games I've received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dreedy
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
I received my package from Germany last week. It was in a very similar state as the picture. I took a photo, but it is pretty much identical to the one above. Luckily my game box came through relatively unscathed, but the extra cards were lost somewhere over the Atlantic. I simply can't believe such a low level "last mile" service would be used. They obviously spent so much time and effort in design and support, why not finish strong with a better delivery service? I mean, I would much rather pay $5 or $10 more and have it shipped reliably, than have the potential for it to show up ruined. Not to mention the fact that I missed out on the supposed "extra" Smoke Bomb cards simply because of the crummy delivery.

I do love the game... with all the negative/apathetic reviews around, I was worried, but my game group loved it. We managed to have 3 amazingly stressful and dynamic games on our first night. As it stands, this game will likely stay in the rotation for quite some time.

I know they warned in the kickstarter, "don't count on it" with the extra cards but I mean... seriously... throw them in a plastic baggie and tape them to the game for an extra 25 cents. I know hindsight is 20/20, but these cost cutting measures are just so frustrating. I guess this is the "risk" with kickstarters, they already have my money... so they use the cheapest way to get the game to me. This ruined package may have ruined Kickstarter board games for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucks for you mate!
I would be upset if that happened...
My package for the "expansion only pledge" arrived today and was in perfect shape (promo cards included)... maybe you were just unlucky? i think they can replace the damaged parts, excluding the promos!

(also did you know there is an ADDITIONAL untested promo included in the expansion deck?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived this week. It was in better condition than the ones here but the shipping box was badly crumpled and one corner was split. There was only one smoke bomb in the box.

I'm stunned at how flimsy the shipping boxes are. I've never seen anything like it. It's almost like they are made out of tissue paper. I can't imagine what you would ship in them and expect it to be protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darklaw90 wrote:
Sucks for you mate!
I would be upset if that happened...
My package for the "expansion only pledge" arrived today and was in perfect shape (promo cards included)... maybe you were just unlucky? i think they can replace the damaged parts, excluding the promos!

(also did you know there is an ADDITIONAL untested promo included in the expansion deck?)
Expansion only came today and seemed fine.
There were 2 other cards loose in the envelope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion only arrived today, though it looks like the packaged was crushed between something. The board and instruction book has pretty bad dents in them where the agent meeple was pressed into them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls