Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

as per rules, you can use the 4 survival actions once each Round, and only one time each of them each Round.

So, if you dodge in the survivor turn, you can dodge again in the monster turn, right? Once the Survivor's turn it's over you begin a new Round

And the other question related to the Phoenix, the other day, my mate and me had a nice TPK with the Phoenix, but if you are defeated you have a chance(6+) to have just 1 random survivor that died in the showdown alive in the town.

My questions it's, you must pick from those that died(bleed, hits, etc) or also from those that due age tokens cease of exist.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
That's correct, 1 round is Monster turn + Survivor turns. Once the survivors are done, a new round begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TechRaptor
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:

My questions it's, you must pick from those that died(bleed, hits, etc) or also from those that due age tokens cease of exist.

Thank you!
Per Adam in an email conversation I had with him about this...

You can have a survivor that aged out of existence survive, but they are retired and "ends up as an old man/lady with a different name back at the settlement."

Also, aging out of existence counts as a death for Cannibalism, but effects that make a survivor so that they 'never existed' do not.

~Travis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Thank you both.

So, if you "cease of exist" count as dead for Cannibalism and also for the defeat in the Phoenix Showdown. Well I guess we should look the bright side , we have 3 more resources =).

Wondering if this should be in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Krulz wrote:
Hi,

as per rules, you can use the 4 survival actions once each Round, and only one time each of them each Round.

So, if you dodge in the survivor turn, you can dodge again in the monster turn, right? Once the Survivor's turn it's over you begin a new Round

And the other question related to the Phoenix, the other day, my mate and me had a nice TPK with the Phoenix, but if you are defeated you have a chance(6+) to have just 1 random survivor that died in the showdown alive in the town.

Thank you!
Something related came up the other day again and I don't remember if we ever got a single conclusion in another thread...

When the survivors ambush the monster....does that swap turn/round order? ie, is it Survivor/Monster end round, new round Survivor/Monster, end round, new round, etc? Or Survivor Ambush!, end turn, new round, Monster/Survivor, end round, new round, Monster/Survivor end round, new round, etc. Or possibly some other option that combines the ambush with a full monster/survivor round as the first entire round.

Again apologies if this was already clearly answered with a good consensus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Gold SupporterMicrobadge: I prefer the original TronMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica - I am a CylonMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
Krulz wrote:
Sweet! Thank you both.

So, if you "cease of exist" count as dead for Cannibalism and also for the defeat in the Phoenix Showdown. Well I guess we should look the bright side , we have 3 more resources =).

Well, the resources would be gone.

Pg 57:
Resources and Death
"When all survivors die, all of the resources they were carrying are lost".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:
Krulz wrote:
Sweet! Thank you both.

Well, the resources would be gone.

Pg 57:
Resources and Death
"When all survivors die, all of the resources they were carrying are lost".
Nope, I was talking about Cannibalism^^, you store them directly ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Blueskew wrote:

Hey Joseph, people keep asking about Ground Fighting every 3 days so don’t worry it.

A showdown is divided into rounds.

A round is the monster’s turn followed by the survivor’s turn (which is divided into acts). P221

The monster always has their turn first unless specified. P66

If the Survivors Ambush the monster they may choose to go first instead. P214

Play this out just like a Nemesis Encounter. It’s you then the monster, repeat.

Nothing in the rules says you switch turn order mid-showdown. The party that goes first keeps going first.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
Blueskew wrote:

Hey Joseph, people keep asking about Ground Fighting every 3 days so don’t worry it.

A showdown is divided into rounds.

A round is the monster’s turn followed by the survivor’s turn (which is divided into acts). P221

The monster always has their turn first unless specified. P66

If the Survivors Ambush the monster they may choose to go first instead. P214

Play this out just like a Nemesis Encounter. It’s you then the monster, repeat.

Nothing in the rules says you switch turn order mid-showdown. The party that goes first keeps going first.

Phoenix
Gotcha. I agree that they always keep going first...but does that mean that the round ends after each Monster/Survivor combo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Krulz wrote:

Nope, I was talking about Cannibalism^^, you store them directly ^^
Ah, you're right. I haven't had cannibalism since the very first settlement (now long lost), so I must've misread or mis-remembered the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Blueskew wrote:
but does that mean that the round ends after each Monster/Survivor combo?
Yes.

Once both parties have taken a turn, regardless of who went first or last the round ends and a new one begins. Each party can only have one turn in a round.

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls