Hide
4 Posts

Superstar Pro Wrestling Game» Forums » General

Subject: Modified rules to Superstar Pro Wrestling game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tough Jim Steel
msg tools
Hey everyone! I had this game forever and STILL play it. As the years went on My friends and I (like most everyone here) have made modifications to make the game more "realistic". Here are a couple of things we did:

We used a 12-sided die for the game instead of the 2d6 as normal. A roll of "one" on general card was various options. For a tag match (we never used the tag chart) it was "sneaky" double teaming ( referee wouldn't acknowledge it) or even outside interference ( good use of the manager cards at that point) of course it was optional and you could just re-roll. For a PIN, it meant a 15 point reversal (maybe a pull of the tights?). On a SUB, it was a submission and an INJURY to the submitted wrestler for 1d6 cards. We also would see if a wrestler was injured after a pinfall via a SPECIALTY. If the roll was a "ONE", the pinned wrestler was injured 1d6 cards.

We had a Referee that we called "Tricky" Nicky. At the start of the match when checking for a referee, if a "2" or "12" was rolled, He would be the referee (we also optioned a "special guest" which I will get to later). Basically, Nick would REALLY turn the tide of a match. IFor EACH PIN ATTEMPT, each wrestler rolled 1d6. If the wrestler MAKING the pin rolled HIGHER, subtract the difference from the two dice and ADD them to the PIN ATTEMPT ROLL. ( ex: Flair vs. Sting. Sting attempts pin. Sting rolled a "5" while Flair rolled a "2". The difference is three so when Sting rolls for the pin, ADD THREE to the dice since Nick "sided" with Sting at that point). Conversely, if the results were REVERSED (Flair rolled the "5" and Sting the "2"), you would SUBTRACT THREE from Sting's pin attempt roll. The same would go for a submission attempt. IF the roll was "DOUBLES" for finding out what Nicky would do, he it EVEN and no bonuses or penalties apply.

I have a couple of modifications that I will post for the "Lumberjack" match chart that may prove interesting as well as an "updated" STEEL CAGE MATCH chart that I haven't fleshed completely out yet due to a possible new option. will post the LUMBERJACK MATCH modification if requested or send it out to you via email. Would really like some input on it and my other modifications from anyone and everyone out there so feel free to comment!!!

Thanks For the Thread!!

Thank you all and

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey costa
Canada
flag msg tools
Sounds like fun !! This game has always been popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using a 12 sided die defeats the bell curve created by rolling 2-6 sided die. There is a reason good tag teams have OC/TT on 7 or good singles wrestlers have OT on 6,7,8. When rolling just a 12 sided, a 2 or 12 is has the same odds to roll as a 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Jones
msg tools
A little bit of history. . . this game is an exact replica of the first board game of this type, "The Original All-Pro Wrestling Game," invented and copyrighted by Charles Osinski and Philip Dienel Of Essence Games, Bethlehem, PA, in 1977. Osinski and Dienel sold the game at a few local WWF events, but most of the sales were through ads in pro-wrestling magazines. After a year or so, Osinski and Dienel moved on to other careers, not giving much thought to protecting their copyright, so the field was open for someone to borrow their game, re-package it, and go into business. No hard feelings. Charlie and Phil enjoyed the ride and cherish happy memories with family and friends. But if anyone out there has a copy of the original, I'd love to know about it. Thanks, Barbara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls