Richard Bissell
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
Living the dream!
badge
Life is short, play board games
Microbadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fan
I read that Orient Express was supposed to available to order shortly after Essen. Did I miss my opportunity to order it or has it yet to be made available to order? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
Microbadge: Days of Wonder fanMicrobadge: Corinth fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Small World fanMicrobadge: English is not my first language
Hello,

it will be added to our webstore before the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bissell
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
Living the dream!
badge
Life is short, play board games
Microbadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fanMicrobadge: Voltron fan
I see this item has been paired with orders for Ticket to Ride Map Pack 5 which I already own. Will Orient Express be made available to order by itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: Guillotine fanMicrobadge: 7 Wonders fan - Age IMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: LEGO fan
Technically it says next to the order page for Map Pack 5:
Quote:
The mini-expansion will also be available on its own in the webstore before the end of the year.
Unfortunately, they have about a week left to make this statement true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: Pathfinder Society MemberMicrobadge: Battle For Souls fan - I play on the side of HellMicrobadge: I play a Paladin!
Whaleyland wrote:
Technically it says next to the order page for Map Pack 5:
beewee wrote:
The mini-expansion will also be available on its own in the webstore before the end of the year.
Unfortunately, they have about a week left to make this statement true.
Well, it didn't happen in 2015. Disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
Microbadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fanMicrobadge: Leaving Earth fanMicrobadge: Food Chain Magnate fanMicrobadge: Puerto Rico fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fan
Any word DOW? I see it's available with order of map pack 5, but I supported my FLGS to get Map Pack 5 and would still like to get my hands on this mini-expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: My Games For TradeMicrobadge: Automobiles fanMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: Blogger
chrisoc13 wrote:
Any word DOW? I see it's available with order of map pack 5, but I supported my FLGS to get Map Pack 5 and would still like to get my hands on this mini-expansion.
Where do you see it available to order with map pack 5? I don't see this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: Guillotine fanMicrobadge: 7 Wonders fan - Age IMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: LEGO fan
dshortdesign wrote:
chrisoc13 wrote:
Where do you see it available to order with map pack 5? I don't see this.
It's automatically added to your order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They must have just changed policy - when I go there, all I see is a polite note saying that they don't sell online anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Happily marriedMicrobadge: My Games For TradeMicrobadge: Automobiles fanMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: Blogger
CraigH wrote:
They must have just changed policy - when I go there, all I see is a polite note saying that they don't sell online anymore.
Good. I thought I was going blind. All I see is them selling their apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dshortdesign wrote:
CraigH wrote:
Good. I thought I was going blind. All I see is them selling their apps.
Apparently this policy changed a few days ago - kind of surprised it wasn't mentioned here with lots of exclamation points - or maybe I just missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
Wow! Must have happened on January 1st. ASOMODEE (their parent company) just announced that the company and its subsidiaries are changing how they sell and distribute games. I didn't think for a moment, though, that they'd stop selling games on their own sites. Very unexpected and unfortunate. I feel that will make finding Orient Express much more difficult...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Toffoli
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: Colt Express fanMicrobadge: The Quacks of Quedlinburg fanMicrobadge: Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King fanMicrobadge: Azul fan
Well it looks like you can still buy goodies and replacement parts, so maybe it'll fall under one of those categories. (Note: the goodies right now cost $0. Just pay shipping. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hansen
msg tools
designer
I'm so glad I was able to order the UK TTR map and get the Orient Express mini expansion along with it before they stopped selling games on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
Sleep... bgg.. sleep... bgg... sle
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: BGG is my FacebookMicrobadge: Watch it Played fanMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
Wow. When I noticed the 'Orient Express' expansion on the DOW site, I tried to see if I could also purchase it through my local game store. They were clueless about it and stated 'no such thing'. Of course, if they bothered to look at the DOW site they would have seen it. Anyhow, so I decided to buy it directly from DOW a couple of days before Christmas. And, yes, it did include the OE cards but I had to pay overpriced shipping of $11.16. Knowing that they stopped selling games directly and now it appears that the OE cards may be hard to find, I guess the shipping price to get the OE cards was worth the trade off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Trinidad
Colorado
flag msg tools
Learn from the past, look to the future.
badge
One of these things is not like the others.
Microbadge: Star Wars: Lightsaber - Darth MaulMicrobadge: Star Wars: Lightsaber - SithMicrobadge: Star Wars: Lightsaber - InquisitorsMicrobadge: Star Wars: Lightsaber - Kylo RenMicrobadge: Star Wars: Darksaber
Any word on if this will be coming to the Geek Store?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Let the Wookiee win.
beewee wrote:
Hello,

it will be added to our webstore before the end of the year.
Complete and utter lies!

Instead Days of Wonder shut the web-store and refuse to answer questions about how to get this 'mini-expansion'.

VERY poor customer service imho, and will affect my purchasing choices in future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
Microbadge: Days of Wonder fanMicrobadge: Corinth fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Small World fanMicrobadge: English is not my first language
Hello

Believe it or not but when I first posted this message, that's what the plan actually was.
As you might (or might not) know, there are changes going on in the way that Days of Wonder, now a part of the Asmodee group, will deal with customer service and/or the goodies in the future.

We are currently organizing this in the various regions of the world with our partners/distributors, but this (unfortunately) takes time.

I'm aware that it might feel frustrating on your side, but I can also assure you and everyone else here that we didn't design this expansion for it not to become available for as many people as possible...

As soon as we have a global solution, we will communicate about it on our regular channels and here as well...

Thanks for your attention and again, sorry for the frustration...

--
Franck@DoW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Radcliffe
Manchester
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Let the Wookiee win.
beewee wrote:
Hello

Believe it or not but when I first posted this message, that's what the plan actually was.
As you might (or might not) know, there are changes going on in the way that Days of Wonder, now a part of the Asmodee group, will deal with customer service and/or the goodies in the future.

We are currently organizing this in the various regions of the world with our partners/distributors, but this (unfortunately) takes time.

I'm aware that it might feel frustrating on your side, but I can also assure you and everyone else here that we didn't design this expansion for it not to become available for as many people as possible...

As soon as we have a global solution, we will communicate about it on our regular channels and here as well...

--
Franck@DoW
Franck, thanks for taking the time to respond and let us know what's happening so far as this mini-expansion is concerned.

The largest part of my own frustration was the lack of response from Days of Wonder/Asmodee (in the past I've found both companies to be helpful to customers), coupled with the 'misinformation'/change of direction.

This is the only expansion my son is missing, in the TTR collection, and I felt a little penalised for purchasing the GB map from the local gameshop, when I would have purchased from the website had I known that it would have included the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
Microbadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fanMicrobadge: Leaving Earth fanMicrobadge: Food Chain Magnate fanMicrobadge: Puerto Rico fanMicrobadge: Crokinole fan
feenix1363 wrote:
beewee wrote:
Hello

--
Franck@DoW
Franck, thanks for taking the time to respond and let us know what's happening so far as this mini-expansion is concerned.

The largest part of my own frustration was the lack of response from Days of Wonder/Asmodee (in the past I've found both companies to be helpful to customers), coupled with the 'misinformation'/change of direction.

This is the only expansion my son is missing, in the TTR collection, and I felt a little penalised for purchasing the GB map from the local gameshop, when I would have purchased from the website had I known that it would have included the expansion.
Same. I ordered locally and as a result don't have the mini-expansion, and for me it is also the only one I don't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Aww I thought I was going to be all helpful when I came to post what DoW has posted in this thread (I'd emailed their customer support)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck@DoW
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello !

A quick note here as promised to let you know that the mini-expansion is back in our webstore :

https://www.daysofwonder.com/buy/?family=TE&groupp=Orient

Have a nice day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Tōtara Vale
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
beewee wrote:
Hello !

A quick note here as promised to let you know that the mini-expansion is back in our webstore :

Have a nice day!
The item page is there but the Buy link is missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Cross Country Skiing fanMicrobadge: I use renewable energy for my residenceMicrobadge: WriterMicrobadge: Lingonberry loverMicrobadge: Statistics fan
Whaleyland wrote:
beewee wrote:
Hello !

Have a nice day!
It was for me too, until I logged in. Then the "Add to cart" icon is visible. Try that!

Edit: ...and I have Ticket to Ride: Europe as a registered game, if that might be relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Two BoysMicrobadge: Kemet fanMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fanMicrobadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization fan
Fomalhaut wrote:
Whaleyland wrote:
beewee wrote:
Hello !

Have a nice day!
It was for me too, until I logged in. Then the "Add to cart" icon is visible. Try that!

Edit: ...and I have Ticket to Ride: Europe as a registered game, if that might be relevant.
I do not have it registered and I was able to purchase it after logging in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |