Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » BoardGameGeek Events » BGG.CON

Subject: Pandemic legacy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a group that might be playing it all the way through at the con. Anyone planning on doing this? I would love to get in one. Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cover me, Porkins! zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobgarr wrote:
Looking for a group that might be playing it all the way through at the con. Anyone planning on doing this? I would love to get in one. Thanks!
I was not planning to but I would like to. It sounds great. Maybe you can start a group on this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kiaiweidemann wrote:
Jacobgarr wrote:
Looking for a group that might be playing it all the way through at the con. Anyone planning on doing this? I would love to get in one. Thanks!
I was not planning to but I would like to. It sounds great. Maybe you can start a group on this thread.
Haha well then group started. Looking for people that want to complete the game over the course of the week/weekend
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If this happens I am in. I think it will be tough, but I am ready to try. I am volunteering at the con this year so many of my afternoons are shoot.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Being one of the guys that attempted the full fifteen games of Risk Legacy on year, here are a few helpful hints.

Start early. We started at 2PM. That was not early enough.
Coordinate meals. Sadly, one guy had scheduled a meal out, that took 2 hours.
Be realistic. We got through 12 games before we plotzed around 2 AM. We never got back to the game. Pandemic is different than Risk because you CAN play it with different folks if you don't finish but it IS possibly 24 games BUT the games are shorter.

Good luck to you all.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ware
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea. I am going to push this thread over to the Epic game list.

I have purchased the game for this occasion. We are looking for players and possible substitutes for those unable/unwilling to game for 16 hours.

Each game will take about an hour.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ware
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobgarr wrote:
Looking for a group that might be playing it all the way through at the con. Anyone planning on doing this? I would love to get in one. Thanks!
I added this to the Epic game list. [http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/196828/bgg-con-2015-epic-g...?]

I can play Friday.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ivan. I am not sure yet if we can pull this off. I wanted a dedicated group and it seems to be to chaotic to actually get this going. I mulling over the idea of just letting people sub in and out but then some people wouldn't like to be spoiled with what happens though out the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm SUUUUUUPER tempted but my husband and I are only on May or June and I don't know if we are gonna finish by BBG Con. If so, maybe....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ware
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe. But those that sub in prob would not play the whole thing anyway. We could set it up as "Spoiler Alert" for subs during the day as seats open. Can you make it all day on Friday?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyIvan22 wrote:
Maybe. But those that sub in prob would not play the whole thing anyway. We could set it up as "Spoiler Alert" for subs during the day as seats open. Can you make it all day on Friday?
Yep I can
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted to a facebook group that I am apart of to try and get two more people as well!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobgarr wrote:
Posted to a facebook group that I am apart of to try and get two more people as well!
Can you add a link the facebook page

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kiaiweidemann wrote:
Jacobgarr wrote:
Posted to a facebook group that I am apart of to try and get two more people as well!
Can you add a link the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/theboardgamegroup/9243780476...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ware
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring the game. We will spread this over several days to avoid burnout. We will attempt to play with the same group every game but will take alternates as seats open if you don't mind spoilers. All games will set up in Carter.

Wednesday 8-1030 Games 1 & 2

Thursday 8am to 1130am Games 3, 4, 5

Friday 8am to 1130am. Games 6, 7, 8
4pm to 730pm Games 9, 10, 11
9pm to midnight Games 12,13,14

Primary
1. CrazyIvan22
2. Jacobgarr
3. Kiai
4.

Alternates (Please send your contact number pvt msg)

Name/availabity
1. Diana (Friday 8am to 1130am)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." Voice actor for video games!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Cover me, Porkins! zombie
I'm right with you, Red 3!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Garr
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Operadragon wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Cover me, Porkins! zombie
I'm right with you, Red 3!
I thought I posted that haha
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacobgarr wrote:
Operadragon wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Cover me, Porkins! zombie
I'm right with you, Red 3!
I thought I posted that haha
"What that crossfire boys"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you need a minimum of 13 games played, assuming you win each one?

Godspeed and Good Luck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ware
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DTKokoro wrote:
I'm SUUUUUUPER tempted but my husband and I are only on May or June and I don't know if we are gonna finish by BBG Con. If so, maybe....
I am very glad to hear you like it. I like the original and expansions a lot. I hope I still do after all these games. We must be either insane or brilliant to attempt this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyIvan22 wrote:
DTKokoro wrote:
I'm SUUUUUUPER tempted but my husband and I are only on May or June and I don't know if we are gonna finish by BBG Con. If so, maybe....
I am very glad to hear you like it. I like the original and expansions a lot. I hope I still do after all these games. We must be either insane or brilliant to attempt this.
Lets go with Brilliant!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Being one of the guys that attempted the full fifteen games of Risk Legacy on year, here are a few helpful hints.

Start early. We started at 2PM. That was not early enough.
Coordinate meals. Sadly, one guy had scheduled a meal out, that took 2 hours.
Be realistic. We got through 12 games before we plotzed around 2 AM. We never got back to the game. Pandemic is different than Risk because you CAN play it with different folks if you don't finish but it IS possibly 24 games BUT the games are shorter.

Good luck to you all.
I remember this!

Are the other players also going this year? Can we actually finish it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Urza47 wrote:

Are the other players also going this year? Can we actually finish it?
I'll be there, and would be up for it...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ware
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nodecam wrote:
Urza47 wrote:

Are the other players also going this year? Can we actually finish it?
I'll be there, and would be up for it...
Awesome! Let me know if you can make the whole schedule.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |