4 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wonders effects rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walhallla Walhalla
msg tools
Hello,

I never played the previous version of the game, so maybe it is known, but I will ask anyway.
Some wonders have a resource or "worker" effect, like for example Taj Mahal gives 1 blue resource and kremlin gives 1 white and 1 red cube.
Are these effects just once ? or do you get them every turn? How can I know if an effect is just "once" or every turn?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They happen once. You add them to your pool of those tokens. So blue tokens go into your resource bank, white and red tokens go onto your government card.

There's not really anything which is an every turn bonus unless it specifically says so. Happy Faces, CAs (white)/MAs (red), yellow and blue tokens and military are all a one time but permanent bonus once added, provided the card giving the bonus remains. Strictly speaking so is science and culture, since it boosts the indicator permanently, and your production is based on the indicator. But in practice you would think of that as meaning something like Universitas Carolinas produces 2 science, 1 culture per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the effects are generally either one time, persistent, or in a combination of the two.

In the case of Taj Majal, add a blue token from outside the game to your resource pool.

Kremlin, add a white token from outside the game to your government card.

EDIT...

I JUST REFRESHED TO MAKE SURE I DID NOT GET ninja 'D, AND STILL GOT ninja 'D!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
croloris wrote:
I JUST REFRESHED TO MAKE SURE I DID NOT GET ninja 'D, AND STILL GOT ninja 'D!!!
ninja A good Ninja doesn't get seen even when he is being looked for. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls