Jeff Kaminsky
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have made a boat load of these pages. I am noticing that with my X-wing collection I have so many duplicates of common cards, like almost 20 proton rockets (for some reason) that I might need more than my pocket page solution. At most I might use 8 proton rockets in a weird epic list, the other 12... um.... might as well as toss right? What does everyone else do with that many duplicates? And at what point are duplicates too many duplicates?

I am also debating if I should move from 16 pocket pages to 18 pocket pages. The first issue is top load vs. side load. Second is capacity... being able to fit 4 to 6 sleeves cards now vs.... 1 sleeved card or perhaps 2 sleeved cards absolute max in the 18 pocket version. I think I would end up using more of the 18 pocket pages than I would with the 16 pocket pages. (Especially if I keep all my duplicates in the binders).

Any thoughts? Anyone got a better solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now all of my upgrade cards are stuffing one of the OP Kit boxes, with some varied orientation to differentiate a few different card types. I'd like to upgrade to pages like these. You use the 8-slot pages and add a seam to each slot, right? Mind sharing your tools/instructions for doing so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kaminsky
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
brewdinar wrote:
Right now all of my upgrade cards are stuffing one of the OP Kit boxes, with some varied orientation to differentiate a few different card types. I'd like to upgrade to pages like these. You use the 8-slot pages and add a seam to each slot, right? Mind sharing your tools/instructions for doing so?
PM'd the info to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one box for duplicate uniques and everything else still fits in one binder with 9 pocket pages for large cards. They fit small cards well enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love the same, if you can share it publicly that would save you from what I believe will be the inevitable chorus of "me too" posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A downside to the sideload solution is that the pockets go in different directions, at least with the pages I've got. OTOH, 18 slots would be handy for Imperial Assault character upgrade cards.

Take all of your excess munitions and put them sideways in a card box of a appropriate height. Should you ever decide to use them, you will have a convenient file of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kaminsky
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
A downside to the sideload solution is that the pockets go in different directions, at least with the pages I've got. OTOH, 18 slots would be handy for Imperial Assault character upgrade cards.

Take all of your excess munitions and put them sideways in a card box of a appropriate height. Should you ever decide to use them, you will have a convenient file of cards.
And you are right. The pockets do appear to go in different directions... I wonder why. Anyhow I still ordered materials to build the 18 pocket pages, should have it tonight. We'll see :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Field
United States
Helena
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!
I've been looking for a better solution also and would love to be able to make some of these. Currently I'm using a deep Plano box with foam ore dividers hot glued in to form card-width slots, then moveable dividers to separate card types. It works pretty well, but finding cards quickly is a bit of a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be stingy...share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Adamski
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I currently use Ultra Pro 9 Pockets, top loading, all my cards have the FFG sheaths on them for a snug fit.

I start my pilot cards, PS1 (Top Left) to PS9 (Bottom Right) and i double them up with the same cards in the reverse side. Thus i can keep 18+ Cards in one page.

With The Upgrade cards i usually keep Maximum of 4 of each upgrade card, no matter what it is . I keep 4 in each pocket (back to back) and i can carry 36 Upgrade cards per sheet.

I can post pics if it is helpful to see, but someone would need to talk me through it

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kaminsky
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
prices for these pages have dropped considerably... at least on e bay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sazzlefrats wrote:
Presumably due to Ultra-Pro announcing their official 16-pocket sheets, due next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kaminsky
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
brewdinar wrote:
Sazzlefrats wrote:
Presumably due to Ultra-Pro announcing their official 16-pocket sheets, due next month.
Without a shadow of a doubt. I bet the LFGS price will be about 40-50 cents a sheet, when/if available. All LFGS near me generally only have the regular 9 pocket pages, but they'll special order anything. I'm betting getting 10 or 20 sheets without buying a box will continue to always be a hassle unless there is a huge xwing playing group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sazzlefrats wrote:

Any thoughts? Anyone got a better solution?
You could just use the card boxes that that came with the season kits:

Right now I think I am carrying every upgrade card I own in this one small box. If it ever gets full, which is still several waves away, I'm sure I can cut back on the numerous proton torpedoes and concussion missiles I own but never use. This box takes up a lot less room than a large binder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls