10 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: saddle of the cavalier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
please take a look at this preliminary build for the saddle of the cavalier. Its just 115 points, is there any way I can tweek to get to 120? I am going with Acid Breath as I don't believe there are that many creatures with the Acid subtype. Sleet Storm for enemy dragons and nobody else at my store has bought the premium brass.

Creature 1: Vakka 57
Dragon Heroic Allies 4
Dragon Human Paladin 3
Dragon Acid Breath 10
Arcane Sleet Storm 3
Arcane Mirror Image 2

Creature 2: Hand of Fury 12
Heroic Warhorse 3
Equipment Adamantine Lance 3

Creature 3: Hand of Fury 12
Heroic Warhorse 3
Equipment Adamantine Lance 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Newell
Australia
Mayfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that steeds and riders are 1 legion point less in this scenario. I'm not sure what the hands of fury are going to do, exactly. Especially against an airborne list. They are cheap, but I don't know how effective they will be. An Ulfgar built the same way would be more effective, and you'd have room for challenge to bring enemies down to his level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hint: Giant Vulture is a great steed for Hand of Fury.

Sadly, Heroic Allies doesn't work with Hand of Fury since they're not unique. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Newell
Australia
Mayfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this one for a similar effect:

Creature 1: Vakka 57
Dragon: Heroic Allies 4
Dragon: Cold Breath 5
Dragon: Human Paladin 2
Arcane: Sleet Storm 3
Arcane: Mirror Image 2

Creature 2: Ulfgar Ironfist 35
Heroic: Warhorse 1
Heroic: Challenge 1
Equipment: Adamantine Lance 3
Equipment: Helm of Leadership 0
Equipment: Arrow-Catching Shield 4
Heroic: Power Attack 3

Legion Total: 120

It's essentially a dwarven tower. Ulfgar does most of the killing, challenge if he needs to bring foes within range, vakka loads him up with action tokens, and the power attack stacking with his unique ability to convert 2 hits into crits. The acid breath was an interesting idea, but sticking with the cold gives point economy and has a wider area of effect. Sleet storm wouldn't be so much for grounding big dragons as negating their effectiveness. Just remember, even a single defence die and the spell is useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I faced a similar warband in OP-7 Toronto. One Hand on a Vulture, the other on warhorse, and they can't be breathed on by one breath. And cheap armour penetrating attacks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Huttner
United States
Mount Crawford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would test Telekinesis over Sleet Storm if you have some players that dont use large dragons or balista. You can disable adamantine lance, a breath weapon, mirror image, etc. and further increase your action economy while decreasing theirs.

If your meta is Vak/Arv/Premium heavy, use Sleet Storm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
players play all over the board at my store. I usually see a dragon, but then pegasus, griffons, paladins and giants usually make an appearance. Only recently has a premium shown up, and I think the guy won't bring again as his comment was "that was just like playing the Borg". I will probably take out sleet storm due to the variety of builds. As powerful as sleet storm is, I think it is situational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Newell
Australia
Mayfield
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kijaucey wrote:
I would test Telekinesis over Sleet Storm if you have some players that dont use large dragons or balista. You can disable adamantine lance, a breath weapon, mirror image, etc. and further increase your action economy while decreasing theirs.

If your meta is Vak/Arv/Premium heavy, use Sleet Storm.

If he's playing in an official OP, then he can't use telekinesis. You're not allowed to use any models or cards from OP prizes that occur after the OP being played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct Jason Newell, I don't have the card. We will be talking about that build as I REALLY want to win the Vrock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess it's too late for the party, but if you want to use Heroic Allies and Sleet Storm, you might consider a smaller dragon, one that isn't hampered by Sleet Storm, which leaves more space for Heroes that can benefit from Heroic Allies. If you like Acid Breath, then why not use Galadaeros? And Giant Vulture seems like an awesome mount. Combined with Wingwear, it gives you a kind of minor Dimension Door (in addition to the benefits of flying before you use Wingwear).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.