Subject: Going back and forth between 3 and 4 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shde Gore
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
In Risk Legacy you really wanted to have the same players show up ever session. Is it like that in Pandemic Legacy? Would one week doing 3 and the next 4 be that big of a deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goreshde wrote:
In Risk Legacy you really wanted to have the same players show up ever session. Is it like that in Pandemic Legacy? Would one week doing 3 and the next 4 be that big of a deal?

Your fourth player will likely hate you for having him miss the Cool Thing Of The Month he missed. Apart from that it's mostly fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Goreshde wrote:

Yeah, that big of a deal. You want the same people there each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think there are some months when not that much happens, Right now I'm up to end of June, I have yet to begin July, but I would say the first 4 months are super critical to the game. I would say May & June are months when things slow down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
Microbadge: I print my own components.Microbadge: AH LCG - The SurvivorMicrobadge: Puzzle fanMicrobadge: Escape Room fanMicrobadge: Meeple Nation Podcast fan - villager
It is only an issue from a player perspective. If you have dedicated players they will likely want to be involved at every step.

I've played three games with my Thursday group. First was with three. Second was with four. Third was with three. It worked fine. Two of us paid jointly for the game and we will play every one. Any players we let in or out of the game come just for the one game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Goreshde wrote:

Yeah, that big of a deal. You want the same people there each time.
Not true, we have a player that has skipped a couple games and doesn't seem to mind. A player who skips a session feel a little bummed if they miss something cool happening but if they don't care then there's no problem going from four to three players and back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure mechanically it works but you can't leave players behind. They'll get mad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls