Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have watched multiple games of people either playing or teaching the game and many of them do not mention or have placed a tile while exploring next to only ONE region.

the rules state that when exploring you must be able to place the new tile to TWO existing tiles. Is this correct?

Just making sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
That is true. The new tile must be adjacent to two existing tiles. The only exception is the beginning of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
bongoHerman wrote:
That is true. The new tile must be adjacent to two existing tiles. The only exception is the beginning of the game.

Yeah, it seems like all videos I've seen forget that, though a few of them make the effort of going back and annotating their mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bongoHerman wrote:
The only exception is the beginning of the game.
And, in fact, in Round #0 the only requirements are that your tile should touch the starting tile and the borders should match, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Upss. I've been playing wrongly all my games.

That reinforce the house made rule we use in order to make the exploration less frustating:
1) You can check one side of the two tiles before deciding which one you want to use.
2) Only if you cannot place the tile you have choosen, you have two options:
a. Resign and just lose your action
b. Pay 3 coins and pick a new one (The exploration journey cost more than expected... as it happened a lot in those days). If this new one is not placeable, you can pay again to pick a new one or resign (repeat as needed).

All the non used tiles are discarded.

Best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archipelago Version #:3923651274304926245534

edugon wrote:
Upss. I've been playing wrongly all my games.

That reinforce the house made rule we use in order to make the exploration less frustating:
1) You can check one side of the two tiles before deciding which one you want to use.
2) Only if you cannot place the tile you have choosen, you have two options:
a. Resign and just lose your action
b. Pay 3 coins and pick a new one (The exploration journey cost more than expected... as it happened a lot in those days). If this new one is not placeable, you can pay again to pick a new one or resign (repeat as needed).

All the non used tiles are discarded.

Best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.