Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
mbmbmbmbmb
With Victory Point Games 20% off sale this weekend I am considering picking up Darkest Night; however, I already have Defenders of the Realm. For those of you that have played both, do these games feel different enough for each to warrant a spot on my shelf, or do they mostly fall under the same roof? I will mostly be playing it solo in case that makes difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Defenders of the Realm, but this seems to be the best thread comparing the two:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/953195/darkest-night-vs-def...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate it, this gives me a good feel for their similarities/differences. Looks like I'm leaning towards making that order now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do, I would suggest that you look at the Necromancer Bundle or at least pick up the first expansion. The quests really add a lot to the gameplay by providing an incentive to travel around the board more as well as adding a different sort of pressure on the players.

Without the Quests, you may find yourself camping in the same areas for a while and it can be a bit too easy to just avoid an area with multiple blights. But if there is a quest there with a nasty penalty for not completing it (plus adding to the Necromancer's Shroud) then you've suddenly got some tougher decisions to make!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Necromancer bundle is the way I will go if I decided to purchase. Thanks again for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls