Subject: Okay, now help me remember my old fav game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Gantry Rogue
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
LadyMandy's recent thread reminded me that there was this one game I used to play as a ... younger person ... back in the mid to late 1970s. I don't remember the name of it at all (well its been over 30 years). Hopefully with my pathetic description someone remembers it.

It was a square board with hex tiles I think. The premise was you had save your men (around half a dozen) from a shipwreck by moving them from the shipwreck to the land hexes. I believe a dice roll determined how far you could move. You also had to avoid sharks and whirlpools in the water, which I think were in the form of face-down hex cards that you flipped over as part of your turn. I remember it as being quite simple yet balanced. I think my friend's mom picked it up from Woolworths or some flea market.

I know my description is vague but if anyone would remember this, it would be here!

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Howdy
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Survive.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2653

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Escape from Atlantis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gantry Rogue
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
It's Survive! and EFA looks like a similar clone too. Thanks for the quick suggestions guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.