Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words, can I examine the discard pile of my opponent at any time during the game? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's been explicitly said but any reasonable card flopper would assume the answer is yes and if it isn't I'm going to go to Plaids HQ with a torch and pitchfork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of poor, but I will join you with a Bic lighter and a table fork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the glossary it defines discard pile as: "The place in the play area where you place cards that you are instructed to discard. Cards are placed in the discard pile face up."
If the discard pile was supposed to be hidden knowledge, you wouldn't place cards face up there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the order of cards be changed? I don't have the rulebook in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
Can the order of cards be changed? I don't have the rulebook in front of me.
If there are any cards that would allow a player to pull a card from the discard pile where order would matter (i.e. "return the top card of the discard pile to your hand . . . ") then I would say 'no' the discard pile can't be reordered.

I don't have the cards handy, but this may be an effect in future expansions even if not currently an effect. So the safe bet would be, that even if the discard pile is open information, the cards can't be rearranged by any player, including the person whose discard pile it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls