Subject: Interesting art.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J-o Jankowski
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this the same image used from one of the command cards in IA? Looks so familiar to me, can't quite figure out why....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
http://imperial-assault.wikia.com/wiki/Fleet_Footed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG uses a lot of their art over again when it makes sense. Look at Arkham Horror, Arkham Sign, and Call of Cthulhu card game, lots of reused art between the three. Not always, but some very similar.

It only makes sense finacially to do it, plus their art is generally fantastic so no complaments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Welden
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art from the Rebel Assault card is literally the cover of X-Wing: The Bacta War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United States
Satellite of Love
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Doctor of PhilosophyMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Omnis singulus exemplum Declarationem Libertatis fuerit frugalis or Every single extra copy of the Declaration of Independence has been thriftedMicrobadge: Silver RPG CollectorMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
If you already have the artwork, why not use it?

Besides, this way FFG can churn out so much more content (I mean expansions!) in short order.

PS - AEG did the same thing with Tomb / Thunderstone artwork by Jason Engle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also used in their SW LCG Core Set: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwars/star-wars-card-....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I'd rather they do this than commission new art that is bad. The 2e AGoT LCG is missing a lot in the art department, hampering my enjoyment of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From all the interviews I've listened to with FFG designers it's very clear that art is a huge part of the expense of developing a game, so they definitely re-use it when they can. As long as they do so tastefully I have no problem with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls