Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
237 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

Mysterium» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Waiting room and general discussion thread for _Mysterium (2015)_ play by forum. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is the waiting room and general discussion thread for Mysterium Play by Forum.

If you want to g/host a game, announce it here.

You can claim a spot in a game that is announced here but usually people do that in the PBF game thread itself.

If you want to be a psychic and there is not game being organized, you can ask here for someone to g/host.

Resources have been moved here: Image gallery and other Resources for Mysterium PBF

We sometimes also used cards from Tajemnicze Domostwo although you can also find PBF for it in its own forum.

Occasionally someone organizes a game using Mysterium Rules but using different cards.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone interested in playing this by Forum?
I'd be in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Anyone interested in playing this by Forum?
kilrah wrote:
I'd be in
Great, I still waiting to see if we get any others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone interested in playing Mysterium by Forum?
Definitely would like to play. Someone in the WW pbf did a game or two by forum and it was working quite well. Some of the players from there might be interested. How many are needed to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The game plays 2 to 7 including me as the ghost.
Most people think it is best with more people.
I'm willing to play with any number.
In fact, I play 2 and 3 player quite often.
Karl (kilrah) has said he does not want to play with only 2. Not sure what he thinks about other low player counts.

I don't know what WW is.

We also need to decide on what difficulty level. I suggest Medium but am open to other ideas. If most of the players are playing for the first time, we should do Easy instead.

House Rules:
I think it will be hard to do the clairvoyance track by forum so I was going to just leave that out. Negotiable.

When playing with the following player counts, each non-ghost controls multiple psychics so that all 6 psychics are used.
2 player, 1 non-ghost, 6 psychics each, total 6 psychics
3 player, 2 non-ghost, 3 psychics each, total 6 psychics
4 player, 3 non-ghost, 2 psychics each, total 6 psychics

But regular for 5-7 players
5 player, 4 non-ghost, 1 psychic each, total 4 psychics
6 player, 5 non-ghost, 1 psychic each, total 5 psychics
7 player, 6 non-ghost, 1 psychic each, total 6 psychics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry, WW = Werewolf. The werewolf forums here are quite active. That's where I started playing here on BGG.

Here's a link to the thread of a Mysterium game I was watching. It might help you out in planning how to implement.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1356630/mysterium-pbf-4

I might be able to drum up a few more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Felice Si wrote:
Ah, sorry, WW = Werewolf. The werewolf forums here are quite active. That's where I started playing here on BGG.

Here's a link to the thread of a Mysterium game I was watching. It might help you out in planning how to implement.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1356630/mysterium-pbf-4

I might be able to drum up a few more players.
Right that for Tajemnicze Domostwo. I'm offering to do it for Mysterium (2015)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a re-implementation of the earlier game. I don't believe it's all that different so that the way the moderator ran the one in the link I provided you with should help with your planning. It was running quite smoothly in that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Felice Si wrote:
It's just a re-implementation of the earlier game. I don't believe it's all that different so that the way the moderator ran the one in the link I provided you with should help with your planning. It was running quite smoothly in that game.
Right, yes I was planning to do it basically the same.
I look more closely to see if I can get any tips.

So we have 4 people:
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

N/A
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge

Please check back to find out when we are starting.
I'll announce the start date and then ask for confirmations.
First, lets see if we get any other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG.CON is happening right now, I guess until Sunday. I think that's keeping some from being more active on the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Felice Si wrote:
BGG.CON is happening right now, I guess until Sunday. I think that's keeping some from being more active on the forums.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for letting me know.
And we have American Thanksgiving coming.

I realize we might loose somebody if we delay.
Shall we (A) play with 4 beginning soonest
or should we (B) wait till the evening of Saturday Nov 28 (Saturday after American Thanksgiving) [You would have till the late evening (Central Time) of Sunday Nov 29 to make your first guesses.]

*While I'm collecting info from ya'll
any preferences on difficulty level? I was going to do Medium but if this is anyone's very first game we should probably do Easy.

*Edit We are doing Easy for this first game and I'll do a 2nd one on Medium.

**Edit: Does anyone need weekends off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely won't lose me. I'll play now or later. Or now and later. Thanksgiving doesn't affect me either. I know bluevelvet and he's probably the same. We're both in Eastern Standard time zone. I mentioned it just because I was thinking we might get more people joining after the con is over but Thanksgiving could affect some too.

Do you plan to play through the weekends? It's ok for me but some people tend to only be checking BGG Mon to Fri. (yes, they are checking at work ) In werewolf it's par for the course to break over the weekends. Probably best to check with everyone playing if they will be available to play on weekends at the top of the game.

As to level, I got a good idea of the game from playing along in the background during the one I was following but I've never actually played a game before. It will be blue's first game too. I think I'd be ok with Medium level but I'm ok with going with the Easy level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
As you said that you are willing to play more than once, lets do Easy this first time. Then we'll do Medium in my next play-by-forum game and I'll reserve a spot for you.

Tajemnicze Domostwo plays in 7 rounds each round representing a day so I think in that forum, they usually play over the course of a week. I don't think they are skipping weekends. Maybe, I'd have to look closer.

Mysterium plays in 7 rounds each round representing an hour plus there is an additional special round at the end so I was planning to do it in 8 days starting on a Saturday and ending on a Sunday. However, we will skip weekends if anyone requests it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't re-read the one I was following. I seem to recall the timing being fairly flexible. Running through 8 days will be fine for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:
As you said that you are willing to play more than once, lets do Easy this first time. Then we'll do Medium in my next play-by-forum game and I'll reserve a spot for you.

Tajemnicze Domostwo plays in 7 rounds each round representing a day so I think in that forum, they usually play over the course of a week. I don't think they are skipping weekends. Maybe, I'd have to look closer.

Mysterium plays in 7 rounds each round representing an hour plus there is an additional special round at the end so I was planning to do it in 8 days starting on a Saturday and ending on a Sunday. However, we will skip weekends if anyone requests it.
Mysterium is just an American edition of the Polish game. A few people in the Boomer forum imported the Polish one over the past year or so; I believe the only big difference is that thw clairvoyance tokens were added in the American version.

I was in PBF 4 last spring (I'm sure Lemon fondly remembers my...anaylsis). It took about two and a half weeks, and that felt like a good time frame. I wouldn't suggest strict deadlines, though it's totally fair to GM people after a couple days).

This one appears full, but I'd be happy to play another at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
MD1616 wrote:
rainbowrose wrote:

Mysterium is just an American edition of the Polish game. A few people in the Boomer forum imported the Polish one over the past year or so; I believe the only big difference is that thw clairvoyance tokens were added in the American version.

I was in PBF 4 last spring (I'm sure Lemon fondly remembers my...anaylsis). It took about two and a half weeks, and that felt like a good time frame. I wouldn't suggest strict deadlines, though it's totally fair to GM people after a couple days).

This one appears full, but I'd be happy to play another at some point.
Would you like to be an alternate? I'm not sure that Karl/kilrah is still in. I'll start the game and if one or more people don't participate in the next 3 days then you can jump in.

What is the Boomer forum?

Yes I know they are basically the same game in fact I own both.

I only read a couple of the PBF in the Tajemnicze Domostwo forum and I thought they had strict deadlines. But I'll take your advice and not do strict deadlines. In which case we can begin today.

Otherwise, I'll put you at the top of the waiting list.

Any suggestions on how to GM a disappearing player? How about letting an alternate take over that player's psychic character?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
We are going to start as soon as I can get pictures taken of the setup.

I'm going to turn this thread into a wait-list thread and start a new thread for the game.

Check back soon for a link the the game thread.

Edit: Actually I created a geeklist to be the waiting-room/wait-list. This thread continues to be for general discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good! Looking forward to it. Thanks for starting this up.

The Boomer forum is where they play 2 Rooms and 1 Boom. We also have a Village Square for general chit chat and we also play Sheep games. You should drop in over there.

BTW Max, I started looking at the Shadow Hunters PBF and I saw that you dropped in there. Are you interested in playing the next game there? They may have a couple of open spots but if they only have one spot available, you were there before me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
Sounds good! Looking forward to it. Thanks for starting this up.

The Boomer forum is where they play 2 Rooms and 1 Boom. We also have a Village Square for general chit chat and we also play Sheep games. You should drop in over there.

BTW Max, I started looking at the Shadow Hunters PBF and I saw that you dropped in there. Are you interested in playing the next game there? They may have a couple of open spots but if they only have one spot available, you were there before me.
More accurately, the Boomer guild is a social forum originally for 2R1B PBFers bit has now grown to include all kinds of PBFers.

And sure, I would considering PBFing Shadow Hunters, bit it:s not my favorite game, so I'd rather someone else who wants it more have the spot. I'd certainly be in for a Boomer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:

I'm going to turn this thread into a wait-list thread and start a new thread for the game.

Isn't there already a waiting room thread? Or do the American and Polish editions have different forums?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Gerard
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
MD1616 wrote:
rainbowrose wrote:

Isn't there already a waiting room thread? Or do the American and Polish editions have different forums?
different forums
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
rainbowrose wrote:

different forums
Ah, on. Might be best to just start another thread as a waiting room and then link to that here so there can be a clearer title and so it can be more focused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |