Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Vlaada Chvátil» Forums » General Creator Forum

Subject: Vlaada Games You'd Love to See rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hauge
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what's a game you'd love to see come into being under Vlaada's loving hand?

I was thinking the other day about how amazing a fit Vlaada would be for a Dwarf Fortress-inspired game, for instance. Magma, dwarven tantrum spirals, terrible ridiculous things happening to your fortress, and lots of FUN!

What's your pick?
6 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Girard
Canada
Ste-Genevieve de Batiscan
Quebec
flag msg tools
I Know What You're Thinking!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Between Dungeon Petz and Tash-Kalar, a kind of creature-gladiator-lanista business. Managing, training, Exhibition, Fighting. Please the crowd, please the organisator, fortune, glory ??
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Not the avatar you're looking for
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorexis666 wrote:
Between Dungeon Petz and Tash-Kalar, a kind of creature-gladiator-lanista business. Managing, training, Exhibition, Fighting. Please the crowd, please the organisator, fortune, glory ??
This sounds pretty great!


I like thinking of the genres he hasn't yet done. Maybe a 4X game in the Galaxy Trucker universe?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Mc'Art
Belgium
Lillois
flag msg tools
badge
AllYearLong Santa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
So, what's a game you'd love to see come into being under Vlaada's loving hand?

I was thinking the other day about how amazing a fit Vlaada would be for a Dwarf Fortress-inspired game, for instance. Magma, dwarven tantrum spirals, terrible ridiculous things happening to your fortress, and lots of FUN!

What's your pick?


Ooooohh Dwarf fortress in boardgame by Vlaada.
You made my day

Now I need to dream...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Something in the line of / similar to Space Alert ... still my no. 2 game of all time
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wack
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm amazed that some people here actually think Vlaada's next game will be similar to something he has already done, when it's almost his trademark to do a completely different thing each time...
7 
 Thumb up
0.26
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siegfried Steurer
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quinarbre wrote:
I'm amazed that some people here actually think Vlaada's next game will be similar to something he has already done, when it's almost his trademark to do a completely different thing each time...
I expect him to do something completely different (and thats great), but the question was what we would love to see ...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Girard
Canada
Ste-Genevieve de Batiscan
Quebec
flag msg tools
I Know What You're Thinking!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quinarbre wrote:
I'm amazed that some people here actually think Vlaada's next game will be similar to something he has already done, when it's almost his trademark to do a completely different thing each time...
At least he often work in the same theme: sci fi and medieval/creature. Codename and Pictomania are apart... Through the ages pass by the medieval and en route to the sci fi

Honestly someone ask me the style of Vlaada i answer : humor and a deep theme. He's also one of the only who designed a game who complete an other in story, not a sequel... So i'll be not surprise to see a game in one of his favorite theme. In fact, that's what i wish... He's good in it! I dont want to see a Chvatil farm managing or city developpement.

Just like a Tarantino is always different of the others, but we always see dark humor, blood and action. Someone is surprise or angry to see Tarantino release an other western?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Lords theme as a coop dungeon crawl, keeping the heroes out! Can feature some dungeon petz to attack with.

Some other full coop game from him would be nice
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorexis666 wrote:

At least he often work in the same theme: sci fi and medieval/creature. Codename and Pictomania are apart... Through the ages pass by the medieval and en route to the sci fi
Yeah... I'm pretty sure putting Sherwood, Dungeon Petz/Lords, Graenland, Tash Kalar, Arena, Prophecy/Mage Knight and Kamen-Paper-Zabir in the same thematic family is stretching it a little...

An then you have Travel Blog, Bunny Bunny Moose Moose and Sneaks and Snitches which most defintely not enter in either sci-fi and medieval...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Choubi wrote:
Zorexis666 wrote:

At least he often work in the same theme: sci fi and medieval/creature. Codename and Pictomania are apart... Through the ages pass by the medieval and en route to the sci fi
Yeah... I'm pretty sure putting Sherwood, Dungeon Petz/Lords, Graenland, Tash Kalar, Arena, Prophecy/Mage Knight and Kamen-Paper-Zabir in the same "medieval" thematic family is stretching it a little...

An then you have Travel Blog, Bunny Bunny Moose Moose and Sneaks and Snitches which most defintely not enter in either sci-fi and medieval...
Woops, wanted to edit and clicked on quote... I've bolded the edited part...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Girard
Canada
Ste-Genevieve de Batiscan
Quebec
flag msg tools
I Know What You're Thinking!!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Choubi wrote:
Zorexis666 wrote:

At least he often work in the same theme: sci fi and medieval/creature. Codename and Pictomania are apart... Through the ages pass by the medieval and en route to the sci fi
Yeah... I'm pretty sure putting Sherwood, Dungeon Petz/Lords, Graenland, Tash Kalar, Arena, Prophecy/Mage Knight and Kamen-Paper-Zabir in the same thematic family is stretching it a little...

An then you have Travel Blog, Bunny Bunny Moose Moose and Sneaks and Snitches which most defintely not enter in either sci-fi and medieval...
We lose the link with the comment I commented... but yes i stretched the theme a little... and true, some of his games are out of those themes, i should told notable games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorexis666 wrote:
Choubi wrote:
Zorexis666 wrote:

At least he often work in the same theme: sci fi and medieval/creature. Codename and Pictomania are apart... Through the ages pass by the medieval and en route to the sci fi
Yeah... I'm pretty sure putting Sherwood, Dungeon Petz/Lords, Graenland, Tash Kalar, Arena, Prophecy/Mage Knight and Kamen-Paper-Zabir in the same thematic family is stretching it a little...

An then you have Travel Blog, Bunny Bunny Moose Moose and Sneaks and Snitches which most defintely not enter in either sci-fi and medieval...
We lose the link with the comment I commented... but yes i stretched the theme a little... and true, some of his games are out of those themes, i should told notable games.
Yeah, sorry about editing your post in my quote but my remark wasn't meant as a smack on you or whatever, just as another way of expressing how much breadth there is in Vlaada's theme.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a Vlaada designed, medium or heavy weight take on the murder mystery/whodunnit theme. Sherlock maybe, or a more modern take on it. It's a genre that could use a fresh approach, and I think he'd be the man for the job.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it, but I've always thought that Prophecy looked kinda fun. Unfortunately, it seems like that game is showing its age. But what if Vlaada redid Prophecy except better? A solid and strategic fantasy quest game that isn't quite as complicated as Mage Knight? I'd be down for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Miller4h9 wrote:
I haven't played it, but I've always thought that Prophecy looked kinda fun. Unfortunately, it seems like that game is showing its age. But what if Vlaada redid Prophecy except better?
I've only played Prophecy once, but in some ways I think Mage Knight *is* the game you're talking about. The interesting parts of Prophecy (for instance, just moving anywhere is a huge hassle so you need to plan your adventures slowly) are present in Mage Knight-- Mage Knight just has fascinating and deep gameplay all the way through, while Prophecy turns into Talisman once your power ramps up.

Also, Prophecy is LONG. It may be less complicated than Mage Knight but is not much shorter. That kills it for me.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fardette
United States
Lawrenceville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Commands & Colors: Napoleonics fanMicrobadge: ASL fanMicrobadge: Important announcement about BGG communication!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Avalon Hill fan
I'd like to see what he could do with a racing game. Maybe one where you build the track as you build your car/ship/spacecraft, so that players could influence the environment while they try to build their racer to succeed in that environment. For example, I could build a car that only goes fast in a straight line and only turns left (hello NASCAR), but it can go up cliffs! Now how would that do on a track with 1/10th gravity and features herds of buffalo? Or some such nonsense. He'd make it great, and we'd all buy it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jfardette wrote:
I'd like to see what he could do with a racing game. Maybe one where you build the track as you build your car/ship/spacecraft, so that players could influence the environment while they try to build their racer to succeed in that environment. For example, I could build a car that only goes fast in a straight line and only turns left (hello NASCAR), but it can go up cliffs! Now how would that do on a track with 1/10th gravity and features herds of buffalo? Or some such nonsense. He'd make it great, and we'd all buy it.
That's quite an idea. Tile drafting for the track would be awesome. You know what you're going to lay out there, but what will the other players do
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'cause we know what we feel...
badge
Green to feel blue? Is your vision purely golden? Is your humour black or olden? Do you find you're getting yellow? 'Though you know you're in the red dread...
Avatar
Microbadge: It was for this that I was born.Microbadge: Golden CamelMicrobadge: Unobtanium RPG Uploader - This user has 10,000+ entries and is in the RPG Geek Hall of Fame!Microbadge: Ultimate VGG Uploader - This user has 1000+ entries and is in the VGG Hall of Fame!Microbadge: Golden Boardgame Uploader
Something spinning up Taylor Swift intervening in Syria.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls