Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Evildar accuracy ratings: Amekins - 95%; Ortho - 90%; Royal - 80%
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot, for the life of me, find anywhere that tells me what the effect of contracting a parasite would be. If I have a monster organ, why would I choose to consume it and risk getting a parasite? And what would that parasite do? Wouldn't it be better to just turn it into a lucky charm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are cards that reference survivors carrying consumable items. Maybe you'd eat it to avoid those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Wolfson
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Evildar accuracy ratings: Amekins - 95%; Ortho - 90%; Royal - 80%
mbmbmbmbmb
But then why would I carry around this consumable parasitic organ when I can craft with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
If you get it during a hunt or showdown you are carrying it until you get back to the settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A part of me hopes this plays into the Lion God expansion with the Necromancer parasite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It comes up in events too. Text that compels you to archive consumables. Dunno what a parasite does. Maybe it's in the vermin deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
Australia
flag msg tools
Parasite makes you lose any consumable items on your gear grid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
The text for parasite is on the Monster Organ basic resource card and only applies to that card.

You would never choose to eat it.

There is a disorder that makes you eat things involuntarily. If you ate the Monster organ because of this you would suffer the additional penalties of the parasite written on the Monster Organ card.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:

There is a disorder that makes you eat things involuntarily.

This. IIRC this disorder requires you to have a consumable item in order to depart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Concannon
msg tools
mb
Many of the gear and resource cards have keywords on them that seem arbitrary at first, but random events will call out for players to check for them.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You won't want heavy or fur gear when the settlement suffers a heatwave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
The text for parasite is on the Monster Organ basic resource card and only applies to that card.

You would never choose to eat it.

There is a disorder that makes you eat things involuntarily. If you ate the Monster organ because of this you would suffer the additional penalties of the parasite written on the Monster Organ card.

Phoenix

Does a binge eater only eat resources given specifically to them directly (gain a basic resource when survivor takes an action, etc)? Or would that also happen if the party receives items during the aftermath that include consumables? We've played it as the former, but I've been too lazy to look up the latter possibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.