Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry to make a gushing post like this, but this is for sure board game of the year for us, maybe the most fun board game we've ever played. The worker placement bit is cool, but the "choose your own adventure" Mini-RPG element of the cave exploration is just so cool and fun. And the artwork completely rocks too.

Already have played this more times than most of the games that have sat in our cabinet for a long time. Great work, Ryan, if you read this!

Off Topic: I totally missed that last kickstarter that had the city of iron and then the game you did the art for by mistake. Those going to be available to general public any time soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like city of iron, it looks great on the shelf and it's a Ryan Laukat game is really the only reasons I keep it tho.

The ancient world is still my favorite Laukat game and probably my second favorite set collection game behind discoveries. It's easy to break out to newer players while city of iron is a bit more medium weight to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris0zz wrote:
I like city of iron, it looks great on the shelf and it's a Ryan Laukat game is really the only reasons I keep it tho.

The ancient world is still my favorite Laukat game and probably my second favorite set collection game behind discoveries. It's easy to break out to newer players while city of iron is a bit more medium weight to me.
I happen to back the 2nd edition of City of Iron. I think the box art is even more breathtaking. Ryan is an excellent artist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the City of Iron 2nd edition on KS, so I hope I can get it when it's released.
Don't forget to check Islebound too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otomo jon wrote:
Sorry to make a gushing post like this, but this is for sure board game of the year for us, maybe the most fun board game we've ever played. The worker placement bit is cool, but the "choose your own adventure" Mini-RPG element of the cave exploration is just so cool and fun. And the artwork completely rocks too.

Already have played this more times than most of the games that have sat in our cabinet for a long time. Great work, Ryan, if you read this!

Off Topic: I totally missed that last kickstarter that had the city of iron and then the game you did the art for by mistake. Those going to be available to general public any time soon?
Thank you! It's very rewarding to hear things like this. I'm happy to hear you like the game so much. It was a lot of fun for us to develop and write.

City of Iron should be available at online and local game retail this spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls