Hugo
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my opponent activates 3 units and starts moving unit n°1. I interrupt with a fire order on the first opportunity with a squad equipped with a MG.

I decide to play also a Crossfire card (increase the FP +2) and two Marksmanship cards (increase the FP + 2 each) and I decide to make two separate rolls, first the MG then the squad.

Questions:
1 - the bonus I get from the cards, does it apply to both MG and Squad or just the MG?
2 - the bonus I get from the cards, is it a one time only or do I still have it if my opponent moves unit n°1 to another hex?
3 - the bonus I get from the cards, can I also use it when firing at unit n° 2 and 3, if they were to move during the same Move order?

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
K1LOG Ham Radio
badge
Microbadge: Solitaire WargamerMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: Lock 'n Load fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Hugo, it is my understanding that op fire attacks make one attack roll against the hex, and you can't split the attacks as if it were a fire order. Just learned this this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
(0) with opportunity fire, you get only ONE attack per hex entered, so you cannot make two rolls (you can combine your activated units as legal into a fire group)
(1) because of (0), there is only one attack, and the cards affect just that attack
(2) one time only since the action refer to "just prior" to the attack roll
(3) no (as with 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
To provide some refs:

Opp fire
A33.2 is the main procedure:
"make one fire attack against ..."

For the actions, the advice is to read them exactly as stated, and not to interpret/augment/change them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Microbadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Troyes fanMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Modern Art fanMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fan
Note that the unit that activated to op fire remains activated to fire against the other two enemy units if they also move into a hex (or the first unit, if it continues to move) on that same move order. That is why it is necessary to tell your opponent exactly which units been activated by the move order. However, neither the crossfire or marksmanship cards apply to subsequent attack rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
As further point of order, once your opponent activates units to Move, and he states which units are activated to move, when you play your Op Fire card, you can activate any units as if it were a Fire card . . . even units that can't fire *right now* . . . you would just attack with any of your units which meet the criteria to fire and whom you want to participate. Each time your opponent moves into a new hex, you can fire with a different eligible group of active units. Thus, a leader with a few squads can lay down quite a bit of fire on a Moving enemy if they have range and LOS. The drawback, of course, if that once your opponent finishes his Move order, any units activated by that Op Fire order cannot Op Fire again during your opponent's turn -- and of course you are now down one Fire card on your own turn . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls