Eldritch Horror: Under the Pyramids» Forums » News

Subject: Just what kind of boat is this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Brown
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Anyone else checking the FF status of this expansion daily?

'On the Boat' - wish there was an app to track the progress across the ocean.

Outboard motor? Oars? How can we get this boat to progress faster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krambis12 wrote:
Anyone else checking the FF status of this expansion daily?

Outboard motor? Oars? How can we get this boat to progress faster?
The cost of speeding up the boat would be insanely expensive, now getting fantasy flight to overnight a game from china would be more doable... Just not likely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Sushi Go! fanMicrobadge: Android fanMicrobadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Legendary fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fan
krambis12 wrote:

That is actually possible. Tiny Epic Kingdoms had a tracking website where you could follow the progress of the boat as it carried all the Kickstarter games across the ocean; was pretty cool.

But I don't think that FFG would ever bother to do it because they have a lot of flexibility in how regularly they give us updates at the moment. If they allowed you to track the boat then they would lose a lot of flexibility in information release. It's easier on a company organising 1 KS campaign but FFG are handling way more than that.

Would be awesome if you could track it the whole way though. I imagine there's a lot of times where it would stop saying "on the boat" and more times saying "stuck at the port waiting for customs" or something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least one Amazon vendor shows this "In stock on December 16, 2015". No idea if that's legit, but probably best to just relax and think of it as an Xmas release. Then if it comes in earlier, you've tricked yourself into a pleasant surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garrett
msg tools
Very happy to see other people posting about this- I've been thinking the same thing as the OP for days whistle.

For what it's worth, the website says that the process should be 4-6 weeks, and it was six weeks ago Tuesday. It's also very nearly the oldest "On the Boat" product on the list, so it's not delusional to hope that it might update any day now. That, plus the 7-10 days of shipping time, means that we can hope that it'll arrive before the 12/16 date. We might be disappointed, but we can hope .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Brown
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I'm worried that the boat may have run into Cthulhu.....? Delayed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arutha ConDoin
Belgium
Dilsen - Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The MoM expansion was released around the same time period last year. In the US it became available a week before Christmas, in Europe just after newyear.

Ofcourse this is a different expansion so the release date can change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
Cyprus
Nicosia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Long-boat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Darby
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I saw this thread's title I thought it was questioning a new encounter!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu_ship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the status updates on FFG's page are "virtual". What I mean by that is that they exist to give you a rough estimate of release.

They sometimes delay releases and have them ready to go, but they don't update the status from "on the boat". This could be for any number of reasons.

Just take the "on the boat" status to mean anything from 1 month from when it was last updated to maybe 2 months, if something went wrong somewhere.

Shipping now almost always means it'll hit retailers next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I don't know how accurate these dates have been in the past but...

...according to the FFG website, they list the release date for Under the Pyramids as December 10th.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls