Subject: Day 4/Round 7 on Volkare's quest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin So
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find anything using search (sorry if my search skills are lame) but I'm wondering ...

On Volkare's Quest, rules/setup states that the rounds are 3 days and 3 nights, but the win/lose conditions never state that by the end of night 3 it is an instant lose. What would be your call if you reached day 4? Count as a lose or just continue playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got to kill Volkare and his minions in 6 rounds-that's the only way to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It looks like they just forgot the bullet point about 6 rounds. I'd call it a loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin So
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'd assume it is a loss as well. I'm just disappointed that's how my last game ended. Had way too much fun farming my red city with Norowas for artifacts (I have 8 artifacts now!) and forgot about the round timer. I was just worried about Volkare and his overall distance traveled. I just wish I could justify thematically how Volkare can be victorious just because it's been three nights. What, his magical mortar-cannon that takes 72 hours to charge finally charges and he's able to fire it incredible distances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
It has to be a loss. Otherwise you could burn through your entire hand every turn and just keep cycling your deck. I'm pretty sure that's not the intent or it would be mentioned in the tips to do so.

In fact I would guess you were burning through pretty fast. I have tended to find Volkare is close to the portal by the end of round 5. You need to at least be close to the portal by daybreak on the final round, build your hand in whatever way you can and keep careful track of which cards he has left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls