Subject: Less monsters on the board at a time compared to GD? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nana Pleng

Irwindale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played GD once with 5p, there're a lot of aliens, so it's frustrating to manage all those, looking up different abilities of various types of aliens, and distinguish who controll who. But this was the first time so....

How about this game? Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only tell from the demo game (but the event cards with the spawn formula will be used throughout the game) and there are a lot less enemies on the board.

Events are triggered every second round not every round like in GD, and the spawn formula is mostly "Players - existing monsters - 1). There are additional monsters via shadows and story events, but i doubt there will be more monsters than the number of players on the board at any time.

Having said this, there still is some management, since the monsters are more varied in their abilities... monsters of the same kind but different color are a lot more different than in GD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
it may vary a lot based on the quest and the types of enemies involved,
usually the number of enemies is equal or less the number of heroes, especially because most of the enemies are very tough (we are talking about gremlins and raiders of course) however there any many exceptions, such as story events, summoners (for instance the blue orc shaman is able to summon gremlins and the red one resurrect dead enemies...) + some combinations of revealed shadows,

The main difference with GD is:

In GD enemies spawning continuously most of the time because they are not the main goal of the quest.
In S&S enemies are more frequent in the key-points of the story and you will encounter some others during the way and/or if you waste your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also after a number of play learn pretty quick which each one does .. So after awhile referring to the card is extremely reduced ..only when a new monster comes into play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nana Pleng

Irwindale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Less monsters on the board at a time compared to GD
Thank you. This game seems like the one I've been looking. Already backed, so hyped. I don't like space theme and I prefer dungeon crawl, so I hope this one will top GD for me. Aww that dragon expansion, may or may not add ummmmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls