Subject: Rudolf Diesel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the card and the tokens that come with this engineer it shows a picture of the "buyer" icon. However, it is not indicated in the rules that Diesel allows you to exchange buyers.

I believe that the rules are correct and the graphics on the card are not supposed to include the buyer but I wanted to check.

This engineer would be hugely overpowered if he could exchange buyers. Thoughts?

P.S. Played this game 3 times last night. With the exception of some quick fillers, I don't remember ever playing the same game three times in a row at one of my game nights. This is a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
On the card and the tokens that come with this engineer it shows a picture of the "buyer" icon. However, it is not indicated in the rules that Diesel allows you to exchange buyers.

I believe that the rules are correct and the graphics on the card are not supposed to include the buyer but I wanted to check.

This engineer would be hugely overpowered if he could exchange buyers. Thoughts?

P.S. Played this game 3 times last night. With the exception of some quick fillers, I don't remember ever playing the same game three times in a row at one of my game nights. This is a fantastic game.

I agree completely. Since the buyers buy one at a time, what would switching buyers even mean? The German rules also say nothing about buyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also played, that the rules are correct, and the tile is a misprint. He should be able to exchange Body, Engine, Price, and number of Workers. Not the buyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias König
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked the german rules as well. I guess the buyer-symbol on the card should be an engine-symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias C.
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:

Perfectly correct. I think the buyer should symbolize that Diesel is targeting a car already placed on the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn! Loophole closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeran wrote:
Falcons wrote:

Perfectly correct. I think the buyer should symbolize that Diesel is targeting a car already placed on the market.

Thank you for the response. That is what we thought, but wanted to check.

I also want to state that you have quickly become one of my favorite game designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Falcons wrote:
I also want to state that you have quickly become one of my favorite game designers.

I will 2nd that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.