Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: My review article on Pandemic Legacy is out now on Kotaku! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Check it out here
http://kotaku.com/the-great-board-game-pandemic-is-even-bett...
Feedback and comments always welcome

it is also interesting to read what others have commented so far
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Smart
Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
my first bit of feedback would be to fix the link
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why not post your review in the review forum?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
leifsmart wrote:
my first bit of feedback would be to fix the link
fixed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerrin2 wrote:
Why not post your review in the review forum?
don't think i can replicate it entirely ...

but initial paragraph as follows:

Pandemic Legacy is an excellent new board game that physically changes every time you play.

It’s partially the modern classic Pandemic, a cooperative game released in 2007, where players are trying to save the world from four deadly diseases, sort of like the digital game Plague Inc but with player roles being reversed.

It’s partially Risk Legacy, a game released in 2011, that takes the traditional Risk game and adds a twist where you make permanent changes to the game directly, using stickers, tearing up cards and writing on the board. This legacy system is something you hardly ever see in tabletop games, but asking players to deface and destroy components was a very radical yet successful innovation.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin V
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reviw. I ordered it today based on your review, then saw this thread lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jvook wrote:
Thanks for the reviw. I ordered it today based on your review, then saw this thread lol.
lol don't go too deep into the forum here because there are a lot of spoilers.. accidental ones too!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
Microbadge: Rubber Ducky
duckizz wrote:
lol :) don't go too deep into the forum here because there are a lot of spoilers.. accidental ones too!
Odd you should mention that.

Your review contains at least one photographic spoiler - what's behind some of the flaps in the dossier and in what order they're opened. I stopped reading once I'd seen that. )-8
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the one that i showed is after the first game which there is already a lot of spoilers but won't spoil what the rest of the game is about.

trust me when I say that there is way way more that is happening and you can think of it as a teaser for what is about to come!

clivej wrote:
duckizz wrote:
lol don't go too deep into the forum here because there are a lot of spoilers.. accidental ones too!
Odd you should mention that.

Your review contains at least one photographic spoiler - what's behind some of the flaps in the dossier and in what order they're opened. I stopped reading once I'd seen that. )-8
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice article, I feel like you explained it very well to the video game masses.

The comments section makes me lose my mind though. The amount of logical fallacies makes my blood boil and the suggestion that this would be better as a video game, echoed by multiple commenters, misses the point entirely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks! And yea it is interesting the comments that follow after an article. There are people who try to explain why the legacy system is awesome though. But well like all other games, not everyone will love it. I bet there are people who don't think Pandemic Legacy is worth the hype too!

dwjmeijer wrote:
Very nice article, I feel like you explained it very well to the video game masses.

The comments section makes me lose my mind though. The amount of logical fallacies makes my blood boil and the suggestion that this would be better as a video game, echoed by multiple commenters, misses the point entirely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls