Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
keith romstad
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So #1 - Is there always a click cost on assets (or any installed cards) even if the card doesn't show one i.e. Mark Yale - trash or any agenda counter: gain 2 credits... does that mean I don't need to click for the use of that and can I do that multiple times without clicking as long as I meet the pay cost?

#2 - Linked with #1 I suppose... can Mark Yale pay an agenda counter off of a rezzed piece of ice that needed to be advanced to cheapen it's rez cost... or is that considered an advancement counter not an agenda counter? And do those advancement counters stay after you rez the ice for cheap or free?

#3 - Is SPENDING an agenda counter only when you use them off of an already won agenda... or is it anytime you advance an agenda?

#4 On Wayland's identity Argus Security does the runner get to chose between a tag and the 2 meat damage... it words it as such... Whenever the runner steals an agenda, he or she must either take 1 tag or suffer 2 meat damage... I assume they get to chose but I figure it's better safe than sorry.

Thanks for any response you can give as you can see Mark Yale really gave us trouble :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
letmebefree wrote:
So #1 - Is there always a click cost on assets (or any installed cards) even if the card doesn't show one i.e. Mark Yale - trash or any agenda counter: gain 2 credits... does that mean I don't need to click for the use of that and can I do that multiple times without clicking as long as I meet the pay cost?
no to the first part; yes to the second

Quote:
#2 - Linked with #1 I suppose... can Mark Yale pay an agenda counter off of a rezzed piece of ice that needed to be advanced to cheapen it's rez cost... or is that considered an advancement counter not an agenda counter? And do those advancement counters stay after you rez the ice for cheap or free?
it's an advancement counter
yes, they stay, even if it gets derezzed, but if it leaves play, they go away

Quote:
#3 - Is SPENDING an agenda counter only when you use them off of an already won agenda... or is it anytime you advance an agenda?
only when spending an agenda counter off of an agenda, IF it has one.
advanding an agenda places and advanement token, NOT an agenda counter

Quote:
#4 On Wayland's identity Argus Security does the runner get to chose between a tag and the 2 meat damage... it words it as such... Whenever the runner steals an agenda, he or she must either take 1 tag or suffer 2 meat damage... I assume they get to chose but I figure it's better safe than sorry.
yes, they get to choose

just for clarification, agenda counters are only counters placed on agendas when they are scored. the agenda explicitly says that it does so (and will notify that it is in fact an agenda counter)
there are other ways to get agenda counters onto scored agendas, such as Titan Transnational's ability, but again, it will specify that it's an agenda counter

any time you advance a card, it's an advancement token and never anything else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
letmebefree wrote:

Thanks for any response you can give as you can see Mark Yale really gave us trouble :/
1. That is correct. Things only cost click when it shows that they do.
2. Advancement Counters and agenda counters are not interchangeable.
3. There aren't agenda counters on advanced but un-scored agendas: Those are, like in 2, advancement counters.
4. The Runner gets to choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith romstad
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THanks guys!!! Quick responses! I am as you can probably tell a huge Newb to the game with only 5 plays under my belt and LOVING it immensely! A few things catch us up in games that we can't solve quickly with rulebook or searching posts so we appreciate it greatly thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
A note about question 4. the best way to tell who gets to choose anything is to understand that the cards only ever speak to their owner. It's kind of weird, but if you imagine the card is talking to you, it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith romstad
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't that mean that I, as the Corp, would get to choose whether they get the tag or the 2 meat damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
letmebefree wrote:
Wouldn't that mean that I, as the Corp, would get to choose whether they get the tag or the 2 meat damage?
it would tell you to give a tag or deal 2 meat damage.

it says the runner must suffer or 2 meat damage or take a tag, so the runner is the agent. it is a bit confusing, i agree.

also, an important note, the runner suffers meat damage, and is not dealt meat damage by the corp. this important for The Cleaners, which deals 1 extra meat damage whenever the corp deals meat damage, but does not work with Argus' ability (since the corp isn't dealing the meat damage, despite the fact that it's coming from a corp card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
letmebefree wrote:
THanks guys!!! Quick responses! I am as you can probably tell a huge Newb to the game with only 5 plays under my belt and LOVING it immensely! A few things catch us up in games that we can't solve quickly with rulebook or searching posts so we appreciate it greatly thanks again!
Specificity above all. Netrunner is a very keyword-heavy game, like most LCG's. Just remember "can't beats can," and pay very close attention to what the card says verbatim.

Also, remember that for paid effects the player whose turn it is has priority. This can help you understand things like Film Critic, and the Jackson Howard - Hades Shard interaction.

Lastly, one thing that helped me tremendously was printing out a miniature reference for the timing structure of a run and keeping it on the table at all times. I keep one next to the computer when I play on Jinteki. It's an invaluable resource for players of all experience levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
letmebefree wrote:
no think of it as "taking offense" or being offensive. only you can take offense to something someone says or does. it's your decision. just as in taking damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls