Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Apocalypse Chaos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Initiative: The rules say you can raise or lower initiative with the lightening bolt dice or choose with the star dice. It's unclear exactly how this works though. For people who start with two bolts (purple and blue) you only need one bolt dice to go to a one or a three bolt initiative. Is this correct? For red and green who start at three and one respectively, are they allowed to use two dice to get to one and three or can they only modify it up/down one level and have to use a star if they want to be on the other side?

Armor: Armor appears to stay through all enemy attacks according to the rules. So if I put two people in a room, one with two armor and one with three armor, I have collectively five armor. I never lose that until the next round? So I can withstand all attacks five or less without any health loss for that round. Is that right?

Columns: Only get attacked if there aren't people to attack by ranged (and melee never destroys columns) correct? So in conjunction with the question above, can I sit two people underneath a second/third level and stack them with five+ armor so that they never take damage and the columns never get destroyed and the person on the upper level never gets hit except by flying?

Blue Ability: Can I use blue's ability to block armor? For example, if an enemy has a circle which shows 2 Armor, can I use his special to put a block token on his armor or can he only block actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One more question regarding columns: who does it work with a three level stack if you have units sitting on the second and third level? It would seem like the units on level two couldn't be attacked by ranged, but not flying, but ranged but not flying could attack the columns on level two leading to the destruction of level three. If this is possible it seems like if there were two people on level two and one person on level three, after the columns were destroyed the person on level three would be with the two people on level two leading to three people in a room.

Also is this the only case where heroes can be directly below a destroyed room? Otherwise, shouldn't the heroes be getting attacked not the columns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Setup Question: Are boss chosen randomly (meaning you can get all threes or all ones) or do you select the bosses levels you want to fight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The Order of Vampire Hunters fanMicrobadge: HorrifiedMicrobadge: Zombicide: Invader fanMicrobadge: Arcadia Quest fanMicrobadge: Village Attacks fan
ItsaGameProductions wrote:
Setup Question: Are boss chosen randomly (meaning you can get all threes or all ones) or do you select the bosses levels you want to fight?
Yes, you choose which bosses to fight... so if you want an easier game, chose lower level bosses, etc... Harder games, chose level 2 and level 3 bosses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Initiative: For people who start with two bolts (purple and blue) you only need one bolt dice to go to a one or a three bolt initiative. Is this correct?
correct.

For red and green who start at three and one respectively, are they allowed to use two dice to get to one and three or can they only modify it up/down one level and have to use a star if they want to be on the other side?
Start at three => use a star = choose his initiative
use 1 dice = initi at two
use 2 dice = init at one
Start at one => use a star = choose his initiative
use 1 dice = initi at two
use 2 dice = init at three

Armor: Armor appears to stay through all enemy attacks according to the rules. So if I put two people in a room, one with two armor and one with three armor, I have collectively five armor. I never lose that until the next round? So I can withstand all attacks five or less without any health loss for that round. Is that right?
Right. Except "unstoppable" attack ; "grenade attack" and "fire token"

Columns: Only get attacked if there aren't people to attack by ranged (and melee never destroys columns) correct? So in conjunction with the question above, can I sit two people underneath a second/third level and stack them with five+ armor so that they never take damage and the columns never get destroyed and the person on the upper level never gets hit except by flying?
Right. It is a way to protect someone (to care him for example); or to protect the plateform (if it is important like mission 1 or mission with the engine room on a plateform)

Blue Ability: Can I use blue's ability to block armor? For example, if an enemy has a circle which shows 2 Armor, can I use his special to put a block token on his armor or can he only block actions?
any circle; so you can block an armor.

One more question regarding columns: who does it work with a three level stack if you have units sitting on the second and third level? (...)

Also is this the only case where heroes can be directly below a destroyed room?
Yes. page 9 :
All Heroes in the destroyed Room suffer 4 damage and are placed in the Room directly below
&
All Heroes in the room directly below the destroyed Room suffer 4 damage and are moved to an adjacent Room of their choice.
=> in order to avoid 3 or 4 heroes in the same room.

Curfew wrote:
Yes, you choose which bosses to fight... so if you want an easier game, chose lower level bosses, etc... Harder games, chose level 2 and level 3 bosses.
Exactly; you choose level you want, but not directly the boss.

Tks for your interest;
Have fun !

Mrf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: Rule Questions (spoilers for mission two?)
Thanks for the answers. Good to know I was reading it right. A few more questions.

The two dice trade limit could be one and one (from two different players)? Or does it have to be from only one player. You are also limited to two dice correct? You can't give away two of your dice and then accept four more - two from two different players?

Missions: Mission two do you win immediately or after the end of the round? Same question for other missions. If the rules don't say wait until the end of the round, do you win immediately after the victory conditions are met?

Also, should I have been able to win mission two in three rounds? It took one round for the first guy to get over and round two to get back. On round two the second went over and on round three he made it back. On round three I also put all the stars needed into the engine. I did this we these to characters on initiative one - so before I was even attacked for the third time. Dose this seem right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also, can players use the dimensional airlock or can they only use the 'teleport' rooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The two dice trade limit could be one and one (from two different players)?
Yes

You are also limited to two dice correct? You can't give away two of your dice and then accept four more - two from two different players?
You can give 2 dice
You can receive 2 dice. (so impossible to accept four dice !!)
So, at the end, you must have between 3 (of your dice) and 7 dice (your five and 2 from another players).

Missions: Mission two do you win immediately or after the end of the round? Same question for other missions. If the rules don't say wait until the end of the round, do you win immediately after the victory conditions are met?
Wait until the end of the round. For all missions.

Also, should I have been able to win mission two in three rounds? It took one round for the first guy to get over and round two to get back. On round two the second went over and on round three he made it back. On round three I also put all the stars needed into the engine. I did this we these to characters on initiative one - so before I was even attacked for the third time. Dose this seem right?
Maybe; but you must have the right dice during 3 rounds ! GG !
Of course, even if you are playing on init one, you must wait the end of the third attack in order to know if the engine room is not destroyed. (last question)

Some rules (with sometimes errors) :
- must put 2 vortex (=2 players) around the main spaceship (like the basic game) like the graphic. So the 1st vortex must be "in range" of the plateform with the engine room. Maybe you protect this room with your 2nd hero ? Else, a pillar must be destroyed very quickly.
- block a dice on the object token when you carry it.
- assign star dice in the engine room with the hero IN the engine room.

Also, can players use the dimensional airlock or can they only use the 'teleport' rooms.
Only the 'teleport' room.
The dimensional airlock are on the "way" of the enemies. Enemies use it only if there is a hero or an object in the 2nd ship.

Hoping you enjoyed the game.
MrF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So far it is interesting. I'm reserving judgment until I play with other people. I've been playing solo but controlling three characters (so playing as if it were a three player game with the three player set up).

And yes, in the second mission, I sat the blue guy under the engine room for the whole game (well three rounds). All I ever did was give him armor. If he doesn't want to do anything else, he's pretty much guaranteed 2-3 armor and with a half decent roll he'll get 4 which makes him all but invincible. Grenades and a few high level bosses can hit him, that's it.

Another Question:

Playing through to the end of round three means that each character would have lost two health. At the end of the first mission it says you gain a limited amount of health before continuing to mission two. Is this true for all missions or just the first one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fay Florian
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing solo but controlling three characters (so playing as if it were a three player game with the three player set up).
3 players for the mission 2 ?
Rules : " Each Hero can carry only one object."
How do you carry 3 objects with 2 over/back ?

Another Question:
Playing through to the end of round three means that each character would have lost two health. At the end of the first mission it says you gain a limited amount of health before continuing to mission two. Is this true for all missions or just the first one?
Campaign Mode
Unless otherwise noted, Heroes start each mission with maximum Life Points and no equipment.

So, just for the missions #1 #4 & #6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks. I guess I'll replay that mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls