Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Hagemann
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card states, that the USSR headline event will be canceled if plyed by the US in the headline phase. Following the rules, the ops value of a card triggers the sequence of the played headline events. Since the ops value of this card is only 2, does that mean that only the USSR headline events with an ops value of 2 or less are canceled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No: the card cancels any and all USSR headline events that turn, regardless of their Ops value, and including a US event played as a headline by USSR. It isn't resolved in the normal way.

Note that if played by the USSR as a headline it has no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Hagemann
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.

As far as I remember, in the 2nd ed. the US gets one VP if defectors is played by the USSR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randarf wrote:
Thanks a lot.

As far as I remember, in the 2nd ed. the US gets one VP if defectors is played by the USSR.

Only if played during an action round (by the USSR).

If the USSR plays it as his headline, it has no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
Randarf wrote:

I thought it did that in the first edition, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Forster wrote:
Randarf wrote:

I thought it did that in the first edition, too.

This card is unchanged in the 2nd edition. It gives a VP to the US if played in a USSR Action Round, just like it says on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.