Subject: Multiplayer "timer"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i just picked this up in a trade and found the solo version has the monster deck progressing and escaping as a timer of sorts. Through the rule book and a video that I was able to find for gameplay, I have not seen a timer of any sort. In multiplayer it looks like you just build your deck in the town until you can safely venture into the dungeon. And even when you do have a deck you can still go to the town if you don't have enough light or a bad draw. Am I missing something? TIA for any input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
In solo at the end of every turn you reveal the top card of the dungeon deck and push it into the deepest slot in the dungeon. Then every other card that was in the dungeon slides up a level to make room for it. If a card is pushed out of the last spot of the dungeon, it escapes and is added to the dungeon's score pile.

This is instead of the usual way the dungeon is stocked (i.e. don't restock the dungeon when you defeat a monster; in essence, every turn you either defeat a monster or one escapes).

That's how I recall it, anyways. My memory could be faulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds right to me. Monsters that move forward from level one to zero count as the dungeon's score, which you need to beat if you want to win.

Also if you kill a monster then you do not automatically refill the hall, you just refill at the end of the turn. This way going to the dungeon gives you a turn of rest so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, do the monsters move in a co-op game as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in regular multiplayer, the dungeon usually stays put. It only changes if a Monster is banished, where you then refill it, or if you attack it. Whether or not it dies, it goes away, and is refilled.

When a Guardian moves into rank 1, it then immediately proceeds to rank 0 (aka outside), does its Breech, and refill so you have 3 monsters in the Dungeon hall again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.