Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!
After Jeff's arduous effort, this is the discussion thread for the November 2015 European Math Trade.

geeklist:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/199106/november-2015-...

List closes: Monday, November 9, 2015, 22:00 GMT
Deadline for submitting want lists: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 22:00 GMT

Please mind the new geeklist header.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
on the http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

try the automated way to transfer your items from previous trades into the current one:

After clicking on the icon, select a previous trade from the dropdown list and press submit. Then you can easily transfer the entries of your choice into the current trade by pressing the corresponding buttons. This will save you a lot of time.

or, you can use this link:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=1991...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Please ensure that your shipping terms are clear and the recipient has an exact idea of his obligations. In this scope:

Please refrain from mirror shipping.

When sharing shipping costs with the recipient, please state the exact amount of money that the recipient will have to pay. If you are unsure of the costs, use Enoon's geeklist which displays rates from various european countries, check with your post office or guess in your favour.

I really like the new rules!
Just two little things:
- what is meant by "guess in your favour"? I'd rather say "give an exact quote and pay any difference from your own pocket."?

-now that enoon's list is even more "official", the time may have come to add a short clause along the lines of "If unsure, use enoon's list. Be aware that enoon (and any other contributers) are not responsible for any outdated or wrong data. So if you want to be 100% sure, check with the carrier."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ryabov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does 'European' include Russia as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past, IIRC, "Europe" was defined by the UK's Royal Mail definition - which extends from Nuuk to Vladivostok! (red below)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
For the dutch mail (postnl) Russia is not included in Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the question was more about eligibility to participate in the trade in a geographical sense and I would have no problem welcoming Russian traders (nor indeed Turkish ones since part of Turkey is also in Europe).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is taken from a comment to one of the items in the geeklist in respect of the new'clarified rules for shipping costs

smithlucas wrote:
enoon wrote:
[...]So, please tell us the cost of shipping to those other destinations or tell us the packed weight of the item so we can find the details ourselves. Thanks.
Actually, with the new rules (which I highly appreciate!), I'd strongly tend towards the former: That's what the rules say: "please state the exact amount of money that the recipient will have to pay"

Don't give the weight. Don't give any sort of links to postal services where we have to choose between several services not knowing which one you will choose. Do just give us an amount of Euros/GBP (or any other currency if you prefer)

I too would agree that a specific cost is the best solution, and, for example, I can do that for all of Europe from the UK for packages under 2kg. However, above 2kg the best prices for each country can be different for each country, depending on which courier (of maybe 8) can be used. A year or so ago I would more-or-less have had to list a separate price for every country in Europe over 2kg! Fortunately it's easier this year - and very surprisingly - shipping costs over 2kg from the UK are now perhaps even cheaper than from Germany! I have to say, though. that I think these costs could be volatile and so it would ALWAYS be best to check (with parcel2go.com).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ryabov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification
Just for my understanding - what do mostly people trade? I have couple of games designed and produced in Russia and not present globally - can it be interesting for traders or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect unusual items (if they sound interesting) may be easier to trade than games everyone can get easily if they really want to. Certainly worth a try, no harm is done if they don't trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan Ryabov wrote:
Thanks for the clarification
Just for my understanding - what do mostly people trade? I have couple of games designed and produced in Russia and not present globally - can it be interesting for traders or not?
YES! For sure. Каркассон: Мы идем в Каркассон!! I've also thought that we could do with more Poles in the trade too.

The one thing I would consider though is something a Russian Geek once told me, and that is that Russian versions can be of lower production quality that the same game printed in maybe China or Germany. Of course, if you have nothing to compare with, you might never know anything was different. Just make your listing is clear and I'm sure you will be very welcome. Rules in a language other than Russian will help the trade too, so mention if they are available on BGG and give a link). English tends to be the lingua franca, so to speak.

You can have a look back at some of the past trades to see what items trade well. Ed is right: the unusual will probably trade better here than games we can all get in our domestic markets.

Welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan Ryabov wrote:
Does 'European' include Russia as well?

Absolutely! Welcome aboard, собрат!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
a)After results are posted you will no longer be able to cancel the trades you are involved in. If you made a mistake in your wants, you are unfortunately burdened by it. Doublecheck your wantlists before submitting!

Does this mean there will no longer be a 24h double check phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
Quote:
a)After results are posted you will no longer be able to cancel the trades you are involved in. If you made a mistake in your wants, you are unfortunately burdened by it. Doublecheck your wantlists before submitting!

The 24 hour checking phase till exist. That sentence means that if asked my Cartagena instead the Tor Sverre Lund/Gawain's Gonzaga, you have to take my game and not the one you wished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:
Quote:

There has been no change in this section of the rules - I merely remind people that with all respect, a rerun will not be made just because someone may be unhappy with the results. The 24h confirmation wait still stands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack: there are very many listings this Saturday evening that do not conform to the 'shipping rules' .... and actually are quite unusual from even past European MTs ... I wonder why that is? New participants (welcome one and all) but who are not reading the rules?

Anyway, hopefully they will see the comments to their items when Dimitris synchs the Geeklist, if not before. We might see some deleted items though if they do not want to do the bit of extra work required ...

If that does happen we need to make people aware of that in BIG LETTERS as there are still some people who go JUST by the geeklist item numbers (writing them down) and seemingly don't trouble to check the description in the OLWLG ... or don't notice that "Roads & Boats" is now "Munchkin Fluxx".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Gunther
Germany
Bünde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
on the http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

try the automated way to transfer your items from previous trades into the current one:

After clicking on the icon, select a previous trade from the dropdown list and press submit. Then you can easily transfer the entries of your choice into the current trade by pressing the corresponding buttons. This will save you a lot of time.

Whatever I try, the result is always

Invalid Action

Any idea, what I do wrong (it worked in the past)...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
make sure you are logged in in the olwlg (it will show on the top of the page "logged in as....")

use this link:

make sure that the drop down list of previous trades is correct (e.g. it does display the trades you participated). Select one and press submit.

Then, perhaps you can describe to us step by step exactly what you are doing, if possible with screenshots also, and when you are getting the invalid action message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be a short (about 1hr) extension to today's deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Gunther
Germany
Bünde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
make sure you are logged in in the olwlg (it will show on the top of the page "logged in as....")

use this link:

make sure that the drop down list of previous trades is correct (e.g. it does display the trades you participated). Select one and press submit.

Then, perhaps you can describe to us step by step exactly what you are doing, if possible with screenshots also, and when you are getting the invalid action message.

I'm logged in, my user-name is right, and there are the right trades and right games from past trades.
But after I press the "add this.."-button, there's only the invalid action message on the BGG Page, not longer on the olwlg-page.

I used this way of adding games several times in the past and never had any problems until this year's Essen-trade for the first time, before (in the march european trade) everything was fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic DAYRE
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try a reboot or another browser ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun M
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first Math Trade I've taken part in. Can I just check that now the 'post your offers' phase has ended, that I should email my wants to
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

And that I send the geekmail with a subject like...
HoraceHonkyHorn 473 : 111 222 333
(where 473 is my item number)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Iordache
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
You should edit your wants in OLWLG.
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
Click November 2015 European Math Trade.
Add the games that you want to receive in trade.
Then edit your wants in Step 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun M
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Götz Gunther
Germany
Bünde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dredi wrote:
Did you try a reboot or another browser ?

Yes, both - same result

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.