Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Wilson
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe is the first kickstarter project I have ever backed.
So, how does this work?
Will Kickstarter or Stonemaier Games process my order?
When will all this be processed?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing any steps.

By the way...I'm very excited about this project!

Jamey, Thank You and Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
very shortly after the clock actually runs out on the project Kickstarter will charge your card for whatever you've pledged. Within a few hours of closing Jamey will send out a survey where you tell him exactly what your funds are supposed to pay for (add-ons, the toast, etc). Then mostly we wait.. and wait.... and wait.......

for some kicks that waiting would be months of silence. Luckily Jamey tends to be fairly good about posting updates about where everything is in the process and such, so we should at least be in the loop and have some clue what's going on.

Then sometime next year: GAME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will be charged by Kickstarter. Soon after the project end Jamey will send a survey to all the backers that asked what they pledged for with their money. If you pledged the extra dollar for the toast you can put in what you would like him to toast.

Edit:ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
After the campaign closes, you'll receive a survey from Kickstarter asking you to break out exactly what you pledged, verify your address, and a few other little things.

Jamey will get going with production and you can expect fairly regular updates. A word of warning: you will be spoiled if this is your first kickstarter. Jamey's Kickstarters are almost unique in how great he treats his backers.

A bit later when production is nearing completion, you'll receive another survey from Stonemaier games. This is your last chance to verify your address, so make sure you answer it. After that, Jamey will ship you your new game.

edit: ninja ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the statements that Jamey is the best at running Kickstarters and taking care of his backers. It will be a good experience but, don't expect all to be as well handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
...After that, Jamey will ship you your new game.
Since OP is new at this, they might not realize that Jamey uses various fulfillment services to cover domestic and foreign shipping. So the project creator isn't personally packing and shipping 15,000 boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is very true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is your first Kickstarter, you're going to be very spoiled now. If you choose to Kickstart any other projects, just keep in mind this campaign is one of the top top managed projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
...After that, Jamey will ship you your new game.
Since OP is new at this, they might not realize that Jamey uses various fulfillment services to cover domestic and foreign shipping. So the project creator isn't personally packing and shipping 15,000 boxes.
What !!? are you telling me Jamey wont be blessing my copy of the game with his designer hands, I wasn't going to wash those miniature
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning B
Germany
Köln
flag msg tools
badge
The Penguin Always Knocks Twice - Walter Moers
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
I wasn't going to wash those miniature
...well... who is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathis Lurtz
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plissk3n wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
I wasn't going to wash those miniature
...well... who is?
everyone who intends to paint them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
amwilson12 wrote:
Scythe is the first kickstarter project I have ever backed.
So, how does this work?
Will Kickstarter or Stonemaier Games process my order?
When will all this be processed?
You won't receive your game straight away. You have to wait a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By not receiving he means that when it says it will get there, Add 3 months already and just be happy if it gets earlier then that. Don't build game nights over it being delivered. I got a FEDEX message about Blood Rage and made a board game night. Then they delivered it to the wrong address and told me to make a claim. I chewed out the manager until he drove around my neighborhood and found it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antivelar wrote:
when it says it will get there, Add 3 months already and just be happy if it gets earlier then that.
This may be good advice for Kickstarters in general. But Stonemaier's track record gives grounds for optimism, and for confidence in the August 2016 reward date. I personally would be surprised if it slips into September, amazed if it slips into October, and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:
... I personally would be surprised if it slips into September, amazed if it slips into October, and so on.
Bewildered in November?
Confounded in December?
Inconsolable in January?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Delighted in July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scholtanus
Netherlands
Dieren
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecstatic in May .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, Brian. I'll hopefully have an advance copy in May, but I think the earliest the games will get on the boat from China will be early June.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Or Delighted in July.
I'd be Jubilant in July, Jamey-worshipping in June, Miracle-hailing in May. If, despite Jamey's very best efforts, the rewards do get held up, I'll be sympathetic in September. I'm sure that the rewards will arrive well before gift-giving season, so that I won't end up Despondent in December.

Alliterative Andrew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Meanwhile I'll be Sleepless in DC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Reitberger
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It needs to be here in September, because in October I won't find anyone to play it with me (more than once or twice) because of the hundred new games from Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Stewart
Macao
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Woah, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, Brian. I'll hopefully have an advance copy in May, but I think the earliest the games will get on the boat from China will be early June.
How about to China?

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe the factory that Panda uses is in Shenzhen, which is a one hour ferry ride from where I live. If only I could pick it up right from the factory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken: We use a fulfillment center called Agility (which I think is also in Shenzhen), so you should get your game a little earlier than other backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Stewart
Macao
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Ken: We use a fulfillment center called Agility (which I think is also in Shenzhen), so you should get your game a little earlier than other backers.
Haha, I was just joking, but wow, great. Its weird because we usually get games after they are released in the states and europe, despite most of them being manufactured practically right next door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being China, can't you just slip them some yen for an early game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |