Popular Tags: [View All]
Neal Sofge
United States
South Richmond Hill
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) fanMicrobadge: Star Trek RPG (FASA) fanMicrobadge: Traveller RPG - Little Black Book fanMicrobadge: High Frontier fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
At Gen Con one of the younger players slid the cards all the way down into their stands, presumably out of pure neatness. Of course, this made the native terrains illegible, so I had to reverse his process.

When I got home I started thinking about a better solution. And I found one in the Colorblind Assistance Card that Jeff thoughtfully included. The extra bits left over after bursting it along the perforations are exactly the right height to hold a card up -- but not too far up -- if they're stuffed in the base slot first. It's hard to get a good shot of how this works, but I did my best, putting the stand upside-down:

From gallery of sofge

You can just barely make out the piece of double-stick tape I put on the bottom to keep the height shim in place. The shim itself is poking out of the center slot. The two large white blocks are the colorblind labels in their proper position, here's a close-up:

From gallery of sofge

Here's my modification in action:

From gallery of sofge

Hopefully others will use this to enhance their game -- it works really well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Battlestations fanMicrobadge: Mutant: Year Zero fanMicrobadge: Symbaroum RPG fanMicrobadge: The One Ring RPG fanMicrobadge: Lone Wolf Adventure Game RPG fan
Yay, Neal: NASA scientist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Evil lurks...Microbadge: Smartass - 'Better Than Being a Dumbass'Microbadge: ... versus ...Microbadge: JackassMicrobadge: Evil lurks...
Great idea. Thanks for the tip. I just got the game and noticed the same thing. Gonna have to try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls