Subject: Effect on gameplay when using two sets with different artwork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
raymond l
Australia
Lidcombe - Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
I currently have one Decktet set with Iliad_Keys' Tribal Art Theme. I'll like to get a second set with the original design to play those games that require more than 1 set and was wondering if having two sets with different designs would have any impact on the game play? Would it be too confusing? The numbers, suits and names would be the same I guess just the art would be different. Or should I stick to the same design with both sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Piovezan
Brazil
JundiaĆ­
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a nooby noober at the Decktet, but I've read rules for dozens of Decktet games, and can't think of one where that would be a problem. Just make sure the suits and numbers are the same. Pay attention to size, too, not all decks print to the same size. And to be honest, I think that games that use two decks are a minority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
Microbadge: Tails fanMicrobadge: Spyfall fanMicrobadge: TranslatorMicrobadge: Decktet fanMicrobadge: Copper Crafter: I have crafted 5 PnP games
Make sure the backs are the same or do not matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: BloggerMicrobadge: My Games PlayedMicrobadge: Decktet challenge!Microbadge: Spirit Island - BlightMicrobadge: You will start to feel very sleepy...
There aren't very many things that need a double deck. If they are both the same design, it will be a big pain to separate back into two separate decks.

If you aren't planning on using them as a double deck but just as a second copy, then it doesn't matter much either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raymond l
Australia
Lidcombe - Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies. I did not realise not all decks had the same sizes so that's a good thing to watch out for. As for the backs yes they'll all be the same as I won't be using the designs that come with the decks.

Its true there aren't that many Decktet games using a double deck. I'm currently playing Adaman once a day (enjoy it greatly) and the next Decktet game I'm eager to try is Myrmex which uses a modified double deck which is the reason I asked about two decks. In all likelihood the two decks would be more frequently used as separate single decks so yes pmagnus, you're right that having different designs would make it much easier to separate out. That was my thinking too but just not sure if this would be too confusing during gameplay.

I wasn't drawn into Decktet by the original design (a dog in a trenchcoat? - what's that about) until I saw the Tribal Theme. But then looking at some original designs posted in the Images Gallery there are some cards that look really nice so I wanted another deck in the original design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: BloggerMicrobadge: My Games PlayedMicrobadge: Decktet challenge!Microbadge: Spirit Island - BlightMicrobadge: You will start to feel very sleepy...
rlkp wrote:
(a dog in a trenchcoat? - what's that about)
Dog in a trenchcoat? It's possible you've confused the Decktet with an old ad featuring McGruff the Crime Dog.

In any case, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls