Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #5 – Generals, Marshals, Tacticians» Forums » Rules

Subject: guerilla rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the spanish player uses a guerilla action on one of the cards that allows a player to draw a tactician card such as scout, will it also cancel its draw of a tactician benefit?

At this time I am saying that it does as Borg ruled before that it cancels the effect of Scout allowing the draw 2 keep 1 effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would first say the Spanish can still draw a TC because: In this 5th exp. the scout allows anybody to draw 2xCC + 1xTC so adding the Spanish rule it allows them to pick 1xCC + 1TC + 1GT !

I would add I HOPE it goes this way because: The Spanish are allready weak plus weakened by the fewer scout cards in percentage of the 90 new GMT deck so if you weaken them any more giving them less TC than their opponents ... They would be TERRIBLE to play IMO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A guerilla action is only played by the Spanish, therefore it could never take away their advantage of gaining a guerilla action from a scout card. It would actually strengthen the Spanish if play of a guerilla action cancelled their opponent from drawing a tactics card when opponent plays scouts, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
??? Sorry for my poor english but I'm didn't get you!
But IMO a Spanish playing a scoot card can choose to draw 1CC+1GT+TC

GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is correct. the question is if spanish play a guerilla action on opponents, for example, scout card, does it cancel as well the opponents ability to draw the tactician card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GG,

Don't forget that allowing the Spanish to draw Tactical Cards also strengthens them by itself! Brad's question is, do they get to do both at once, since when the Spaniard takes a Guerrilla tokens he does not get the other benefits of the Scout card, such as picking 1 of 2 Command Cards. Its a legitimate question, and I can see it going either way, although I'd give it to them myself (but not let them pick 1 of 2 Command Cards, because that is the rule as currently written before GMT came out). This is why some FAQ are necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
---> Brad: As far as the following FAQ: We may conclude that if the Scout is cancelled, ALL the effects of the card are cancelled: http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/the-game/main/f... ... no?

---> Jon: For sure in both case we need an official answer but for me the "2xCC or 1xCC + 1xTC" meccanism has NOTHING to do with the final drawing of a TC ... So they can draw one. You know: The Spanish are so weak that I'm not sure this advantage will help them that much in many Spanish scenarios, knowing that their opponents have now Tactitian Cards too!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Finally i got Richard´s answer

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/the-game/main/f...

and another response about the "Capable Tactician" card.

http://www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/the-game/main/f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho Ho:

... “The card selected may not be played this turn.” is written to prevent the play of a Call Forward Reserves Tactician card and a couple of future Tactician cards that state ..." (RB)

Ho nooo .... I thought it was the last time I translate and print cards!

Because the printers in my town only work with windows and I'm Apple ... It's a complicated work each time and the strange sentence of Richard makes me fear I have to redo it again ... ARG!

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.