Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning my first big purchase, and I've got a decent handle on my Rebel and Imperial forces, which cover a lot of bases and will allow for me to provide minis for myself and opponents in casual play. Among those, I'm looking at getting a Y-Wing, a Firespray, and a StarViper (for Autothrusters).

It occurs to me that I can add a Most Wanted pack and have a Scum force of

2 Zs
2 Ys
1 Firespray
1 StarViper

Is that enough to field a fun, casual list? Is it worth adding Most Wanted to have that option? Or is it not enough to be worth it? I'm considering swapping the Firespray for a Lambda Shuttle, which would nullify this, but if this is worth having then I won't look at that option.

For my part, Brobots is all I'm interested in having for Scum right now, but that won't be part of this initial purchase. But if there's fun to be had with much of what I already have, I'm open to checking it out.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
Microbadge: Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale fanMicrobadge: Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale fanMicrobadge: Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale fanMicrobadge: Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale fanMicrobadge: Cartographers: A Roll Player Tale fan
That is absolutely enough ships to field some fun Scum lists. N'Dru is a great Scum Headhunter pilot, and the Scum Firesprays are a lot of fun too. Guri is also solid. It's a very good starting point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If by saying 'making my first big purchase', you mean you are just starting to collect, the short answer is yes and no.
It is enough to get a good start in the scum faction, and has some good fun lists. ( you can also add a HWK)
On the other hand, if you are playing casually with a friend here and there, it might be nice to stick with rebel and imperial,giving more options in those factions which more people recognize and have an emotional attachment to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
Lyppes
Microbadge: Cloudspire fanMicrobadge: I play with poker chipsMicrobadge: Chip Theory Games fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones: Undertow fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones fan
BTL-A4 titled Ys are damned good too. It's a damage boost not to be underestimated; or even if your second shot is an Ion it's great. Add the Unhinged Astromech, and they become very maneuverable.

Edit:

I'd also add that a Boba + IG88B just won a big regional this year. That combo beat Fat Han, so they can definitely be a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Most wanted gets you ZZY for ships and pilots for the firespray and hwk-290.
I would absolutely get the Slave 1 (firespray expansion). The Scum firespray pilots are great.
I would pick either the khzrax or starviper expansion. Get the other later.

That gets you 5 ships, or which you can run quite a few combinations that work. If thay wasnt enough, buy an IG2000(agressor). It will give you a really solid ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jude007 wrote:
If by saying 'making my first big purchase', you mean you are just starting to collect, the short answer is yes and no.
It is enough to get a good start in the scum faction, and has some good fun lists. ( you can also add a HWK)
On the other hand, if you are playing casually with a friend here and there, it might be nice to stick with rebel and imperial,giving more options in those factions which more people recognize and have an emotional attachment to.
That's really the question. I'm settled for my Rebel and Imperial purchase decisions (apart from being torn between Firespray and Lambda), and noted that just by adding Most Wanted, I'd have 6 Scum ships (assuming Firespray wins out). The ~$27 wouldn't be spent elsewhere at the moment, it is more a question of if it is worth tossing in if these are the six ships I'd have to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got some fun lists in there... Boba and two Ys. Boba and Guri (always fun to have a 3-agility Firespray!), Xizor with some mix of Zs and Ys...

get a K-Wing and you can make some pretty strong TLT + Firespray lists

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Lesperance
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wave 8 Scum ships seem like they'll add some interesting components as well -- I'm really looking forward to seeing Dengar in action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Kupper
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiyum wrote:
I'm planning my first big purchase, and I've got a decent handle on my Rebel and Imperial forces, which cover a lot of bases and will allow for me to provide minis for myself and opponents in casual play. Among those, I'm looking at getting a Y-Wing, a Firespray, and a StarViper (for Autothrusters).

It occurs to me that I can add a Most Wanted pack and have a Scum force of

2 Zs
2 Ys
1 Firespray
1 StarViper

Is that enough to field a fun, casual list? Is it worth adding Most Wanted to have that option? Or is it not enough to be worth it? I'm considering swapping the Firespray for a Lambda Shuttle, which would nullify this, but if this is worth having then I won't look at that option.

For my part, Brobots is all I'm interested in having for Scum right now, but that won't be part of this initial purchase. But if there's fun to be had with much of what I already have, I'm open to checking it out.

Thanks.
It's absolutely a good mix. You can do a ton of cool stuff with that, and you'll get Autothrusters to boot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls